Constipation

glzgowlass
on 10/1/11 10:15 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I'm only two weeks in and I already have poop stories that, you will be relieved, I'm not gonna share! Let's just say I'm not a fan of low flush toilets.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 8:44 am - Boston, MA
 My constipation since surgery has been horrific.. literally it's made me regret the surgery it's been that bad.  2 weeks ago I started taking a probiotic pill (from cvs) and I have gone almost every single day since without  strain!! Worth a try!!  before I discovered the proviotic if I couldn't go for 3 days I'd use an enema.. gross but effective and pretty much immediate relief.  Good luck.
Susan_U
on 10/1/11 8:51 am - Ontario, CA
Thank you for that info!! I will definitely be getting some probiotic pills!! 

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

stellasnyder1
on 10/1/11 8:55 am - Williams, AZ

I had a horrible time with constipation. So bad that suppositories, enemas, colace did not work. Saw my doc and he said I could double and triple up on the miralax and I could use numerous enemas one right after another. I thought he was crazy but it worked (finally) That is the only time I regretted surgery. Now I use miralax every other day in my V8 and so far so good. Keep on top of it and good luck.

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
Lorrainecma
on 10/1/11 9:04 am
 I have been having the Activia light yogurt lately, and it actually has helped!!!! Yay!!!

Susan_U
on 10/1/11 9:21 am - Ontario, CA
I've never been able to stand yogurt so I'm a little afraid to try it.  Well, there was one yogurt I used to love the flavor of once upon a time.  The thing is usally if I really like something it is the kiss of death.  Yoplait, many years ago, cancelled it's wonderful Breakfast flavor -- it had apples, walnuts and oatmeal in it.  I have been yogurtless since.  A curse upon them! 

So the probiotic pills mentioned in this thread will be the thing for me.

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

Ladytazz
on 10/1/11 10:14 am
I had terrible constipation, too.  Made my life miserable.  Got so bad that I gave myself an incisional hernia from straining.
I finally got on Vitalady's regiment.  Miralax daily, 500mg magnesium oxide twice a day.  She uses stool softeners but I haven't needed to.  I also get at least 25 grams of fiber a day.  Haven't missed a day since.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics