What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/13/24 3:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^me all weekend^^

Morning all! Back from a fantastic weekend with Grim and my parents. We went up to a lovely little village in Maine--we stayed in a lovely hotel, ate delicious food, a took a fun class together. Mom loved every second, and we had a great time, too.

For anyone who follows my biz on social media, you 'll see I am "on vacation." But I am not on vacation from anything but cookies, I needed a week off to catch up and make some stuff so I am pretending that Maine vaca lasted a little longer, lol. In reality, I am back to work all week.

QOTD: Do you and your family members have different memories of something that happened? Ok, when I was a kid - like 13 - 17 we heated our house with a wood stove. We got huge deliveries of wood, and they used to send me out to chop wood some times. I was not good at at (for obvious reasons) but THEY DID make me do it. They insist they didn't. Whaaaaa? It's like a core memory of my childhood and they completely deny it. Grim thinks it's hilarious and always brings it up so we will argue about it.

My GERD was bad last night, after 3 days of eating whatever the hell I wanted. I will get back on track today but I have no idea what I am eating. I came home to a delivery from Hungryroot which I put away, but I didn't pay any attention to what I got. One thing I do know, is that I am trying something new with my coffee. I recently learned that my Fit Frappe was probably contributing to my GERD problems, too, I am trying cinnamon quest protein powder this morning. It's okay. Not nearly as good, but better than acid.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/13/24 3:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! QJB, so glad it was such a great weekend! Sorry though about the GERD being so bad. I hope it gets wrangled in quickly.

Busy day ahead. I have my dentist appointment at 4:30 for the oral surgery. My niece has an award ceremony at her school at 2:30. E have a few things we need to do...bank and I forget what else. Oh I have a phone appointment at 9:15 this morning. A lot!

I'm very nervous over the dentist. If you're so inclined please send some positiveness my way! Please?

QOTD: not a lot that comes to mind. My family doesn't talk so it's hard to know if our memories match or not.

Breakfast was an egg, sauage and a piece of bread...the rest is completely unknown.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 5/13/24 5:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Swinging chickens for you at the dentist!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 5/14/24 1:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much!

Mel

White Dove
on 5/13/24 9:17 am - Warren, OH

Hope things go well at the dentist, Mel.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 5/14/24 1:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 5/13/24 3:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! Sounds like a great weekend, QJB!

who all was lucky enough to see the Aurora Borealis? I did on Friday but it was too cloudy Saturday. I have some friends that drove up to NE Wyoming Saturday night to break out of the cloud cover and their pictures were phenomenal.

qotd - yes but more people remember things from my childhood and I do not. It's always fascinating to compare notes.

I had decent sleepy, woke up and finished the book I started at the airport yesterday and got my workout in. I had to do the bike today because the hotel elliptical was in use. It was fine, good work out but not my favorite. Yesterday's steps were 10,117 and 111 active minutes. The rower (and the bike) really steal steps away from the tracker!

menu today

eggbites and coffee with half and half

Starbucks lunch pack

not sure on dinner, if I am on my own there is a chicken strip place I want to try. If I have to do dinner with colleagues, probably some type of beef.

have a magnificent Monday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 5/13/24 9:15 am - Warren, OH

I went to bed early on Friday and when I got up my Facebook was full of local pictures with purple, pink and green lights. I felt so mad that I did not stay up so did try on Saturday but it was all clouds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 5/13/24 5:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. We had a great weekend up in Maine. There were some things still not open, since it's still fairly chilly. But most things were, and we got to see a lot. And it was nice, not being crazy crowded.

No plan for today, aside from catching up on laundry and etc. I got my rowing in already.

QOTD: Im sure there are things we'd differ on, but nothing comes to mind. Bu****ching JB and her mom argue about chopping wood is hysterical. They once argued for half an hour about the difference between an axe and a hatchet.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 5/13/24 5:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy to hear you had such a nice weekend! I did as well! I was spoiled yesterday with wine, chocolates and flowers. My sons girlfriends even made me a gorgeous little bouquet of ribbon roses, she is very talented. Lovely, lovely day!

Reality is about to hit me hard - it's time to go back to work, lol! Lots to catch up on and a meeting right off the bat - I got this.

QOTD - Yes - several between me and the sibs were mostly funny slightly different versions of the same story. The mom ones, not so much. I had many, many memories I would ask/share with my mom and she would say 'that never happened'. Kill me now.

Accountability - Don't ask - it was a great day! Sad to say I'm a bloated 182.2 but after last week and this weekend? Not too bad. I've got this. Yoga done this am! Weights tomorrow - I'm excited. Steps yesterday were 8,019. I've set a goal just to do better than the day before up to 10K for steps which will take more effort during the work week.

b- coffee, yogurt, fruit, granola

l- tuna, chopped salad

d- leftovers or breakfast

s-protein shake or jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics