cereal?

CHELLEYGIRL
on 10/8/11 4:15 am - PALMDALE, CA
I was curious what kinds of cereal you guys may be eating,. I have been wanting to eat it but not sure which ones would be best. Suggestions please???

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

poet_kelly
on 10/8/11 4:26 am - OH
I've only eaten cereal a couple times since my RNY.  I LOVE cold cereal, used to eat a giganitic bowl in one sitting, but now it feels too heavy in my pouch.  It doesn't make me sick but just doesn't feel good.  I think one of the ones I tried after surgery was Kashi Go Lean Crunch or something like that.  I would just pick one low in sugar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

martitalinda
on 10/8/11 4:45 am
 I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE cold cereal and still do but for some 'weird' reason I no longer can tolerate it ... I can drink milk - no problem.... I can eat dry cereal - no problem .. once I mix them together milk+cereal  it sits so heavily in my pouch and comes right back up ... no matter which one I try.  I can put grape nuts cereal in my Greek yogurt with no problem so that is what I do.  

I think you can play around with the ones that are high in fiber and have less sugar and take it from there.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

mandajolyn
on 10/8/11 5:01 am - Tallahassee, FL
a lot of people have issues with cereal post op.  Just about Everytime I tried it I got sick. Every now and then it's ok but most the time it either sits heavy or makes me sick. I can munch on it dry no problem but when I add milk.....no good! I've added some to yogurt and it's been ok.
It can be frustrating because I used to LOVE cereal!! 
IF you're going to try it I'd find something like the Kashi cereals and make sure you read the labels. Most are WAY high is carbs and sugars! It may be to soon to try.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Lisa R.
on 10/8/11 5:24 am - CA
 I eat Honey Nut Cheerios about 2 times a month.  I love it and it doesn't feel heavy.  I just eat a really small amount, but then I eat a really small amount of everything.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Mandy R.
on 10/8/11 5:29 am - Callahan, FL
kinda sad about the cereal answers....I LOVE cereal !

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

gbsinsatx
on 10/8/11 7:18 am - San Antonio, TX

I eat 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal (70 calories, 6.5 grams protein, 3 grams sugar). I add it as a topping to my 0% fat fruit flavored Greek yogurt. I also eat it dry with 1 ounce of almonds or dry roasted edamame. 

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

TXKashmir
on 10/8/11 7:43 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I'm just like the others - I used to love cereal, and I can still eat it dry, milk is no problem - but, put the two together,and I am miserable. Others can tolerate it, though, so go ahead and experiment (although I wouldn't recommend Fruit Loops - lol)!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Jane N.
on 10/8/11 9:04 am - Round Rock, TX
I'm more of an eggs for breakfast kind of person, but I have had cereal a few times since surgery.  The Kashi Go Lean and regular Cheerios both went down well.  Sadly, I didn't eat them fast enough and the cereal went stale.  I find they make a great late night snack when I'm low on calories for the day.

KELLY R.
on 10/8/11 9:09 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12
Wow...it's so strange to hear people say they can't eat their cereal and milk together.  I've heard a couple people say that after surgery... hmmm?  Wonder what causes that?  I haven't had surgery yet so I don't know what I'll do at that stage :)

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 281 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 208 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 278 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics