Handwritten Protein/Water Diary vs Online Protein/Water Diary

Sunbunnyqt
on 10/9/11 9:55 am - FL
All,

I'm having surgery this week and wanted to know your preference in food/water diary. Which one worked for you and why?

Thanks for sharing.

poet_kelly
on 10/9/11 10:09 am - OH
I just used a notebook.  It seemed easier to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

birdiegirl
on 10/9/11 10:18 am

Hi sunbunny

I also used a notebook ....and continued to use one until the past few weeks ...

I have now switched to Fitday so I can better keep track of my carb mix....this gets tougher the farther you get out from surgery...

....but good for you for knowing you need a food journal/diary.....I credit doing this with getting me to my current healthy state.....keeps you very aware of what you ingest...

Good luck

Eliza55
on 10/9/11 10:19 am - PA
I also use a notebook.  It has the time to take all those vitamins and meds, so I don't mess it up.  My nut likes it as well, as she can quickly see what I've been eating.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Susan_U
on 10/9/11 10:38 am - Ontario, CA
I made a table in Microsoft Word for my food diary. Since I am online everyday anyway, it's the easiest for me.
Loveshinesthru
on 10/9/11 10:41 am, edited 10/8/11 10:42 pm - Mesa, AZ
I use myfitnesspal.com alot of foods and vitamins are already programmed in. plus you can keep track of water, weight, carbs, protein, exercise and theres an adroid app. or if you have an iphone i think theres an app for that too. plus you can add buddies and they can comment on your progress or you them. its neat.

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

~*K J*~
on 10/9/11 11:10 am - MD
I use myfitnesspal for the iPhone s well and I love it!
 ~*KJ* HW 330 Day of Sugery 320

BugdocMom
on 10/9/11 10:49 am, edited 10/8/11 10:49 pm - CA
I use a notebook and keep it with me almost everywhere I go. It's easy to refer back to and I also write notes in it about how a food makes me feel or how a dish compares with the same from another restaurant. Maybe I will use an online program when I get my iphone 4S next week (woohoo, my first smartphone!). But I doubt I'll completely switch to online. If anything, I will likely write in my notebook THEN type it into a program...
SweetGirl11
on 10/9/11 9:43 pm
I think it's just a matter of preference in terms of which one you will be more likely to stick with.  I use a small notebook.  I can stick it in whatever bag I'm using and take it with me, and when I'm home I keep on the table nearby.

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Michele816
on 10/10/11 2:49 am

I started with a handwrttten diary and then discovered My Fat Secret the Calorie Counter APP that goes with it. Best thing I ever did.  The APP syncs with the website and is great for tracking.  Both are free.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 247 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?