6 Month Surgerversary!

Donna C.
on 10/11/11 10:36 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I haven't posted in a while.  Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary for my RNY surgery.  I have lost 79 lbs so far.  I still track everything I eat and keep my calories / sugar / fat down.  I have adjusted to cooking for the family but I still struggle sometimes with "head hunger."  I have found that keeping certain snacks on hand is not a good thing for me (sugar free / fat free biscotti and pretzels taste great, but they are a trigger food for me).   So far, this has been a positive experience for me. One of my goals was to be able to do things with the family.   I am going camping / hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains this weekend! 

nancy409
on 10/11/11 11:02 pm - PA
So glad to hear you are doing well.  Isn't this journey wonderful?   I also reached my 6 month mark yesterday. It is great being able to plan  things with your family and not wonder if you will be able to do it.   I know what you mean about trigger foods and head hunger.  I am also still struggling with those issues and probably will continue to struggle.  We will just have to be stronger than those triggers.  We just had a week of 3 birthdays and an anniversary this week and had cake in the house.  I was able to stay away from most of it but did have a very small sliver of cake one day.  I got rid of the cake the next day.  LOL

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?