First day post op liquids

RainDiva
on 10/11/11 11:16 pm
Guys they brought me a tray with hot tea jello and full sugar grape juice and when I asked if that was ok she didn't say anything and walked out the room

RainDiva
on 10/11/11 11:33 pm
Nurse said I had the wrong tray it's ashame u can trust what the hospital gives u. I need to get up and walk too

hstull1013
on 10/12/11 1:06 am - AZ
Yes! Walk walk walk. I was up walking just a few hours after my surgery and kept walking like crazy. It will make you feel so much better and help you get out of that hospital faster! Good luck to you!

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
Leolioness
on 10/12/11 1:47 am - OR

Congrats!  You made it! 

I feel you about the hospital care....I had my surgery last Tuesday and still on Wednesday, I couldn't even ge****er and then when they finally changed me over to try something because I had to eat something in order to be released that day, they said they would bring me a Popsicle and never did....I had to get up and walk by myself and ask for something to drink which never came....the third time I went out to the nurses station to ask for something, they finally brought me a 16oz cup of broth.  Of course, couldn't drink but a few oz but it was enough to get out of there. :-)  Hang in there....and make sure you and those around you are YOUR advocate!

Feel better soon!

HW285/SW270/GW135

poet_kelly
on 10/12/11 3:36 am - OH
I'm sorry about that.  They should really be more careful.  You know, medication errors are not uncommon in hospitals, so I bet "food errors" are not uncommon either, just they are probably usually not as dangerous as medication errors.  Good for you for speaking up and looking out for yourself.

Do you know when you'll be coming home?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RainDiva
on 10/12/11 5:12 am
I am coming home tomorrow. I had only two bad experience during my stay at agh first was the resident blew my vein and the food situation what made me mad is I asked two staff members and they were really ignorant with me. So anyone having sugary make sure u research what u can have and can't have immediately after surgery. Especially u don't want anything with sugar.

poet_kelly
on 10/12/11 7:16 am - OH
You know, this just now occurred to me, but I wonder if it would help to actually make a sign (just big letters on a sheet of paper) that says "No Sugar!" and tape it to your door or something.  Hopefully I will not be sick enough to need to be in the hospital again, but if I am, I might try that.  I was in the hospital for three weeks with pneumonia not long after my RNY and they kept trying to give me Ensure because I was not eating much and they knew I needed protein, especially.  But Ensure is not very high in protein, and is high in sugar.  Plus it tastes gross.  But even though I told them not to bring me any, I got a can with almost every meal.  And get this.  Once they'd delivered it to my room, they told me the kitchen could not take it back, even though I did not even open it.  It just got thrown away.  Crap, I probably got billed for it, too.  I should have asked for an itemized bill.

Anyway, maybe a big "No Sugar" sign would have helped.  I think it had 23 grams sugar a can.  I would have dumped, for sure.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 218 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 286 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 218 views