Soooo Confused!

Karleigh B.
on 10/12/11 3:40 am - CA
RNY on 11/01/11 with
   Ok.. Surgery is 3 weeks away.... I am supposed to start on a few vitamins already... Iron, vitamin b complex, and a muli-vitamin.... Any suggestions? Do any of them come together? Or are they all seperate? What is the difference and which should I take? This is the choice they gave me.... between 325 mg of Ferrous Sulfate and 65 mg of Elemental Iron?
    Also I was wondering if Anyone has done the Opti-Fast meal replacement before surgery and what do they think of it? How did it work for them? Did they lose a good amount of weight before the big day? Thank you to anyone who can help me!
"If we lose, then it was worth fightin for. If we win, we only live to fight again" 
       Cee-Lo Green

KailyoSohappy
on 10/12/11 3:51 am - MI
I am taking Bariatric Fussion. It has everything in one. I got it at my dr's office. they have grape, orange, and berry flavored. They are chewables which they had me start out takign two a day and now I am on to taking 4 a day (I am a month post op today). Its super convenient, and i looked into all the vitamins seperatly (generic forms mostly...I'm cheap ) and it was a little cheaper even! Good luck
Karleigh B.
on 10/12/11 3:56 am - CA
RNY on 11/01/11 with
 So this Vitamin has EVERYTHING in one? That is sooo awesome. That is the only thing you have to take?
"If we lose, then it was worth fightin for. If we win, we only live to fight again" 
       Cee-Lo Green

Karleigh B.
on 10/12/11 4:02 am - CA
RNY on 11/01/11 with
All I have to say is THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! You just made my day. I have been so stressed about having to take 10 different pills a day lol...  This is awesome! I will be ordering this immediately! What flavor do you suggest?
       Cee-Lo Green

poet_kelly
on 10/12/11 7:39 am - OH
They do NOT have everything, not even close!  Please don't buy them.  Please follow the ASMBS guidelines.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 10/12/11 7:39 am - OH
No, it does NOT have everything in it.

The ASMBS says we need 200% of the RDA of stuff.  Four of those only has 100% of most things.  You'd need EIGHT a day.

You also need 1500-2000 calcium citrate a day, but four of those only has 1200 mg - and some of that is calcium carbonate, which you cannot absorb.

You can't absorb the B12 in it, either, since you lack intrinsic factor in your pouch.

I am so disappointed to hear that your doc's office is selling these to patients.  They should know better.  They should be advising you of the ASMBS guidelines.

It might seem cheap and convenient now but it won't when you develop multiple nutritional deficiencies.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KailyoSohappy
on 10/12/11 4:00 am - MI
Yep! like I said you do have to end up taking 4 of the chewables a day...but you are going to do that, or more with any other vitamins. I would definitely look into it!! I got a bottle of 120 2 my dr's office for $24, and if they have you do it the same way I think the bottle will last (a first) almost 2 months. I woould look and see if you could find it online too (might be cheaper) But like I said SUPER convenient!!
Karleigh B.
on 10/12/11 4:04 am - CA
RNY on 11/01/11 with
  Can i take these Pre-op? I am supposed to take Iron, calcium b citrate and multi vitamin... Will this work pre op?
       Cee-Lo Green

Cherylkas
on 10/12/11 5:50 am - PA
You can not take calcium and iron together. Calcium blocks the absorption of iron. So an all in one pill is not good for anyone. 

do a search on here and read all the ones from Kelly or Andrea. As they know the vitamins ins and outs the best.

Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

KailyoSohappy
on 10/12/11 4:14 am - MI
i took them pre-op....i heard the Orange was really good. i usually like grape, so thats the kind I got but I am thinking of trying another flavor when I run out. Just be careful if you like a flavor a lot ( like I said i like grape and I had a lot of grape popsicles on my liquid stage and I am pretty graped out ) so completely up to your taste. Glad I could help!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 222 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?