Scared

RainDiva
on 10/13/11 5:37 pm
Hi guys

I had rny surg on Tuesday and i realize I am a newbie to it but I am having pain in my stomach not bad pain but on a scale of 10 around a 4. Now I am trying to drink slowly but I still having problem with nausea and dizzy and the pains in the tummy usually after I eat. The hospital said it's gas if that is the case how soon will that go away also I havent even wanted to move my bowels sorry but I need u guys that have been thru this to help. I want to go to the hospital to see if I have a leak because my doctor only test for leaks before he closes u up. I know I shouldn't compare other people tp me but my friend had no problems like this after so I am really scared the bad headache went away oh and my tummy is growling away

poet_kelly
on 10/13/11 6:18 pm - OH
It probably is gas.  Walking wil help.  And you can take gas-ex.  I really don't think you have a leak but if you want to go to the hospital to find out if you do, then you should go.  You could call your surgeon and see what he thinks.  It sounds normal to me, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Price S.
on 10/13/11 8:53 pm - Mills River, NC
I think if you had a leak, your pain would be more than a 4.  Did you get something for nausea? did they put you on a acid reducer?  Both of those might help.  What are you eating?  Liquids would be your best bet this early out.  The tummy noise is really normal.

You are probably just fine, we all are different.  However, if you don't have the acid reducer and something for nausea you may want to be seen and get that stuff.  To this day, if I don't take an acid reducer, my tummy hurts and burns and I am a year out.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

RainDiva
on 10/14/11 1:31 am
Doc has me on prilosec caraflex sp and roxy

Angela *.
on 10/14/11 1:44 am - UT
That first week after surgery, the gas can be HORRIBLE.  It lasted several days for me.... I didn't have nausea but I've heard it is very normal right after surgery.  
It WILL get better....and before you know it, you'll be feeling great and you'll see the pounds fly off.  :)
   *******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

Bama_Wifey
on 10/14/11 2:23 am - AL
I think its normal.  Sounds a lot like me.  I had surgery on Monday and I had/have a lot of bloating and gas, a lot of pain, and a lot of gurgling noises coming from my tummy.  Just try to walk as much as you feel like it.  It helps with both the gas and the pain.  I have learned that I am feeling better a little each day.  Its a slow process so just take it easy and as they say....sip, walk, rest...repeat.  Good luck to you!
HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 285 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?