What makes you Up Chuck...

gabbyabby
on 10/15/11 11:30 am
 Ok so I am 7 weeks out.  and doing pretty well except for one thing... when ever I eat real food, i up chuck.  I always stick to fish or chicken and usually eat less than a half of a serving.  and 90% of the time i get sick or i feel like i need to.  So I am asking you what causes you to get sick.  I know i do not have a stricture casuse I can keep protien bars and reduced fat wheat thins and cheese down. 

Zeigled
on 10/15/11 12:03 pm - Parkton, MD
Hmmm - I would toss on that much too and I'm 11 weeks out.  I can only eat about 2oz and that has to be eaten slowly.  If I eat too fast, it's cookie tossing time.  Also, anything too greasy is a problem for me. 
HW 357 SW 341   

poet_kelly
on 10/15/11 12:19 pm - OH
The OP said she only eats about half a serving of fish or chicken, and a serving of meat is usually considered three ounces.  But you say you eat about two ounces.  So you're not tossing on half a serving.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 10/15/11 12:15 pm - Belleville, IL
Honestly? Nothing...I have not vomited ONCE post surgery....I felt a bit nauseous during the last 2 months when I had gallbladder issues but again...Never vomiting.

Now, I HAVE occasionally eaen to fast or a wee bit too much and gotten pain or an uncomfortable feeling in my pouch. But never ONCE vomited. Vomiting is not normal. Call your bariatric surgeon.

Warmly,
Jackie

pattymac65
on 10/16/11 12:44 pm
I hope I'm lucky enough to be like you!!! I hate puking.
poet_kelly
on 10/15/11 12:17 pm - OH
You don't know for sure that you don't have a stricture because cheese and crackers are not as dense as meat, so if you have a stricture but it's not a real tight one, softer foods could still go down but not denser foods.

However, some people don't tolerate meat real well for a while after surgery.  Do you keep non-meat foods down well?  I'm also a little confused because you say whenever you eat real food you up chuck, but do you consider only meat to be real food?  Because I think cheese is real food.

Almost nothing makes me up chuck anymore although I got sick very easily early out.  Right now the only things I would expect to cause me a problem would be very sugary, very fatty, or very greasy foods.  Which I avoid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gabbyabby
on 10/16/11 5:44 am
 Hi Kelly, I do keep eggs down, but can only eat about 1/2 of one before I get the hiccups.  
When I said real food, I meant dense food, like meat.  I can keep a slice of lunch meat down but that is about it when it comes to meat. 

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 10/15/11 12:20 pm - Belleville, IL
How many ounces in your serving of Fish or Chicken? Your still a newbie and we have the same surgeon and program, so I know what his requirements are ....Are you ONLY eating 3 oz of very TENDER (poached) NEVER fried fish or very tender boiled chicken?  Are you CHEWING it at least 30 times per bite?  Sounds more like you are eating stuff to fast or dry.

At well over a year out, chicken isn't something that sits well with me unless it is shredded homemade chicken SOUP. (or chicken salad with a lot of low fat dressing).

What kind of fish and chicken are you getting ill on? How is it prepared and how many oz? Remember DENSE protein is supposed to FEEL...um..."Dense" a nd a wee bit uncomfortable!

That's the purpose of this surgery!  Ground beef, ground turkey is probably a better choice. And NO wheat thins! That is just slider junk!  Cheese is good though.

Warmly,
Jackie

gabbyabby
on 10/16/11 5:50 am
 I am only eating 1 - 2 oz of fish or chicken and it is grilled or packets of tuna.  I do not touch fried food as it does not even sound good.  

I was told no red meat until after 6 months so I have staied away from ground beef.  

The new NUT said that a couple of  crackers with my cheese is a good protien snack to help get my protien levels up.  It was actually printed out on a flyer.  

I did not think about the food being too dry.... I will have to try something with that...

Michelle E.
on 10/15/11 12:22 pm
Too much of anything .. any typeof fresh bread, too much carbs, sugars, or fat at one time.. eating too fast too..

When I was 7 weeks out.. I couldnt eat any animal proteins.. I stuck with soft cheese- laughing cow etc, protein shakes,  it takes time.. I had a stricture 2xs,, I would try blending chicken or tuna with greek yogurt and low fat mayo.in the blender or food processor. try 1 teas at a time... wait 15 min then try another teas

By the way, stay the heck away from crackers.. keep with the protein..

Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics