Interesting Food Find

hlacy
on 10/15/11 7:51 am - Chandler, AZ
Dominex Vegetarian Eggplant Meatballs are delicious, nutritious and have to be tried to be believed.  We’ve applied the same concept of the Eggplant Burger but ratcheted up the zesty Italian seasonings and  created a meat substitute that has the “bite" and taste of a meatball but with only a fraction of the fat and calories. Our secret – it’s the eggplant! 

5 "meatballs":
2.5g fat
9g carbs
5g fiber
3g sugar
9g protein 

Ingredients: Eggplant, Rehydrated Textured  Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour,  Caramel Color), Onions, Parmesan  Cheese (Pasteurized Part-Skim  Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt,  Enzymes), Isolated Soy Protein,  Contains 2% or Less of Flavorings,  Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Native Rice  Starch, Methylcellulose, Seasoning  (Maltodextrin, Salt, Natural Flavor,   Flavor), Salt, Dehydrated Parsley,  Caramel Coloring.  

http://www.dominexeggplant.com/
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Michelle E.
on 10/15/11 8:03 am
Sound Yummers.. thinking making some from scratch or some raviolis
hlacy
on 10/15/11 8:07 am - Chandler, AZ
They sound really good to me...I am always looking for a good protein source that might not sit as heavy as meat in my pouch.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Price S.
on 10/15/11 9:40 am - Mills River, NC
they do sound good.  I love eggplant.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

imkristy1
on 10/16/11 2:18 am - WI
VSG on 02/13/12
Where did you find these?  Are they in the frozen section?  They sound delicious!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views