Portions @ 3 1/2 weeks postop . . .

paulrap
on 10/19/11 2:48 am
I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but thought I would check it out with you guys. I have been on soft/moist diet for the past two weeks. For lunch today I ate a cup of food and am full but not uncomfortable. It was 15 bean soup with a couple chunks of tender sirloin  (homemade). Does that sound like a lot for 3 1/2 weeks postop?

Its just funny how some things go down easy and others don't. Like eggs, for instance, for me a couple bites and I am done. Chicken salad same thing, but beans, cottage cheese, no worries!

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Amber L.
on 10/19/11 2:52 am - Sweden
I don't know about your specific plan, but my plan says at three weeks I should be having about a deciliter per meal. That's about a half cup.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

CHELLEYGIRL
on 10/19/11 2:55 am - PALMDALE, CA
At 3 weeks i was at 1/4 cup. Now at just over 2 months im at 1/2 cup. But everyone's doctor is different! I guess as long as you feel comfortable thats what really matters.

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Dan OBrien
on 10/19/11 2:58 am - FL
I was the same way - certain things you'll find will fill you up, and others won't so much.  Soup has a lot of liquid so it may be flowing through a bit more easily and taking some of the chewed up solids with it.  Just concentrate on getting your proteins in, if possible for you at this point, and your water as well.  Make healthy choices - if you find you eat more when you eat the foods that don't fill you up (calorie/fat wise) maybe something else would be better.  I have that problem now - have found quite a few foods that do not fill, and then I am left hungry sooner. 

But it sounds like you're doing fine.  Full but not uncomfortable is good.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 10/19/11 8:17 am
At 3 weeks I was on 3 ounces of food 3 times a day. Are you suppose to be eating that much according to your doc? I know soup is liquid but you had chunks of stuff in it too. Are you suppose to puree the chunks to make it soft./pureed diet? Sirloin may not be a good choice at 3 weeks out no matter how tender it is. You're not healed up yet and anything scratchy or dense can cause a tear in the suture line inside. You won't feel full or over full til the nerves that were cut heal up - about 3 or 4 more weeks. My doc said to measure out my portions as I wouldn't feel if I'd over filled my new pouch for quite a while. Check with your doc as to portions and what foods you are cleared for right now. At 3 weeks out they're pretty specific as to what is soft food and what isn't. Don't over do it as you don't want to do anything to your new pouch and your success losing weight.
Jen 10 yrs post op