gallbladder attack?

Tessie W.
on 10/19/11 2:09 pm
Current Symptoms:  Feel like my neck to my breast bone is on fire.  I have never had heart burn so can't equate it one way or the other.  I get no relief no matter what.  Been abut 20 minutes now.  Lots of belching, even threw up but it was just mucus - sorry TMI.

About a month ago I had abdomenal cramping worse than anything immediate post op where the only thing I could do was walk. 

Anyhow - ultrasound presurgery did show gallstones but surgeon said we will deal with it later if it became a problem.

Any insight?  Could this horrible burning feeling tonight be a gallbladder attack?

poet_kelly
on 10/19/11 2:28 pm - OH
Why on earth didn't the surgeon just take out your gall bladder while he was in there?

Anyway, yeah, this could be your gall bladder.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tessie W.
on 10/19/11 3:28 pm

Thanks Kelly!  When I asked she said because it was in a different area and since I was not having symptoms pre-surgery she did not routinely take them out.  Kind of wished I would have pushed the issue a bit - but since I didn't have problems I just went along with it.  I love love my surgeon, but she does march to a different drummer than so many experiences I read here.  At 7 months she still has not done blood work.  I see my PCP next month and have lab orders for her so will be gettng things checked as far as that goes.

I appreciate your respoonse.  2.5 hours later it has gotten a bit better.  If it was the gallbladder that is two attacks in about a month...ugh.

EnviousOfAngels
on 10/19/11 5:36 pm
Hi there!

I'd get it checked out. I have the same issue with gallstones, thankfully since I am getting a revision they are taking it. It is totally miserable! I feel for you.
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 12:19 am - NJ
Yep - I had mine out in May....it was worse pain that adhesion pain.  I went for my yearly follow up with my surgeon in April and since he yelled at me last year for not mentioning the adhesions (which he cleaned up last May), he gave me a script to get an ultrasound of my GB and abdomen.

Wouldn't you know that it came back showing "sludge" in my GB.  I waited to see if I would have any more attacks and wouldn't you know after that I had TWO horrific episodes within two weeks.  Not sure what triggered them, as I don't eat high fat or fried foods, but whatever.

I called the office to let them know that happened and I was on the schedule to get it out the next week.

You know, I just want to say I am so lucky that my surgeon doesn't screw around.  He just goes to the source of the issue and takes care of it.  I read so many posts about people being in pain for years and not being able to get relief, not just on this board but others too. 

When I had my band, he didn't make me wait months to have revision or to "tough it out" unfilled for a while.  He told me that once you suffer from band induced reflux (which I had), the only cure is removal, plain and simple.  And a month later I revised to RNY (to allow the reflux damage to heal a bit).  He didn't take out my GB then because there was no reason to because it was still functioning fine.

My adhesions never showed on any scan, yet that's what it was and it was good that he went in and took care of them when he did because they were growing in to my intestines.  Same with the GB; there was something there and he took care of it.  

I didn't notice how bad the GB was making me feel overall until it was removed.  Don't suffer anymore, get it taken care of.
steve D.
on 10/20/11 2:09 am - West Fargo, ND

Wish I had had mine removed when I had the RNY.  Last year the ultrasound showed gallstones.  I am having mine out Tuesday.  If the Gallstones get into the bile duct, they have to go through the old stomach to get it.  Same day surgery.  Will go in Tuesday be back to work or Wednesday.

Steve

shellbell75
on 10/20/11 2:53 am
I just had mine out. Ugh. I honestly thought I had an ulcer. I got burning in my pouch, heartburn ( I don't EVER get heartburn) I had pain in my right side under my rib, nausea. I also could feel mine contracting. It was only functioning @ 9% but no stones. 2 surgeries in 4 months was a bit of a bummer. I would call the dr.

It's weird b/c I have been thinking about you the past few days. That I haven't seen you around in a bit.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

shellbell75
on 10/20/11 2:57 am
BTW Mine was supposed to be a day surgery also but they ended up keeping me 2 nights and wanted to keep me 3 (with my RNY I was in the hospital less than 24 hours). For some reason for me, it was more painful than my RNY. (I had very minimal pain with my RNY) When I went back for my week f/u my dr told me they had to "laser" my gallbladder off of my liver and I was having liver inflammation. It was uncomfortable.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views