here i am!

Adreamer5784
on 10/19/11 11:14 pm - Norwood, Canada
i have waited a very long time, 2 plus years on a list for this surgery, i am so excited i do not have the date yet but have  met my sergion and  ordered the optifast  and  am just waiting to meet with the  anastesiologest (sp) and have i guess some blood work done!  i have researched and also have spoken to some friends who have had the surgery and no one has told me that they regret it, hope to take you all along with me on my journey to a healthier me!  have some worries, about the recovery, as i am a horse trainer, and will not really have alot of time off. i have hired help to clean stalls and work my horses lol what is recovery like? what is the diet like after... and how does it taned to effect people. i expect to feel weaker as i will not be getting the same caloric intake but any little advice will help. it is getting cold  in canada, and the winter will be a great time to cross country skii and snow shoe... hope i  will be up to all that.  thanks for listening and thank you for any and all responses. Love On!

glzgowlass
on 10/20/11 12:22 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
recovery varies a lot by person.  You will probably need help for about 5-6 weeks for the heavier jobs.  Take it very easy the first two months.  You don't have an office job so be careful.  Mention your lifestyle to your doctor and get into a support group locally and see their experiences.

Good luck.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Dan OBrien
on 10/20/11 3:10 am - FL
Like has been said, it really varies.  Count on nothing - you could have no issues and feel great, or you could have some complications.  I had some complications that set me back a little.  Desk job, but didn't return for 3 weeks.  Very tired for the next couple after that. 

As far as being weaker due to a lower caloric intake, I wouldn't say so much.  As soon as I got out of the surgery slump and had lost a little weight, I felt much more energetic.

Good luck!
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 473 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 464 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 350 views