Allowed to add cottage cheese, yogurt and pudding 10 days out

RainDiva
on 10/21/11 10:00 am
Ok so I was able to start cottage cheese and yogurt to my full liquid meal. I put around a half cup in a dish and surprisingly I was able to eat every last bite. It change of shocked and concerned me especially since my pouch is as big as my thumb. I didnt even get a full filling from this. So should I be concerned. I chewed until it was pureed but I dont know just want to make sure I am on track

lanagirl
on 10/21/11 10:12 am
Your pouch doesn't have to 'hold' 1/2 a cup because it is leaving your pouch while you are eating it. Cottage cheese and yogurt when chewed well are slider foods.

azreggie
on 10/21/11 10:17 am - Tucson, AZ
This is why they tell you to measure everything. 1/4 cup would be about right at this point.  Good luck to you.

Reggie

poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 10:37 am - OH
When they did your surgery, they cut the nerves that tell your brain when your stomach is full.  It can take a while for those to heal so you may not get a full feeling for a little while.  Might not get a hungry feeling for a while, either.  Or you might.  Everyone's different.

Your new pouch is kinda shaped like a funnel.  There is a small opening at the bottom where the small intestine connects to the pouch.  Before you had surgery, you had a pyloric valve between your stomach and small intestine but now there's just this little hole.  Think about what yogurt or well-chewed cottage cheese would do if you poured it into a funnel with a small opening at the bottom.  Those things wouldn't run through the funnel as fast as something like water would, but they would dribble out pretty fast, right?  Same thing happens in your pouch.  They call them slider foods because they slide right through.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RainDiva
on 10/21/11 11:26 am
What a relief I am sire it will fill different with tuna need week

poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 12:04 pm - OH
I expect you will feel very different with tuna.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 285 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views