Medication Question

Gina1013
on 10/20/11 3:03 pm - Canton, OH
 I see that surgeons don't just vary a LITTLE....my surgeon has me crushing pills for 6 weeks! 

What is really awful is that I have total knee replacements so I am required to take an antibiotic (2000 mg of amoxicillin) before dental work, such as a cleaning, filling or extraction...I have an appointment in two weeks and instead of the 4 pills I would take, I have to choke down (after diluting) a total of 32 teaspoons to equal my 2000 mg dose,  for a total of 2/3 cups of medicine into my 20cc pouch! Oh boy!

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

asiaisacontinent
on 10/20/11 3:08 pm - MI
Omg that's terrible!! I can't even imagine trying to get that all down plus everything else.
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board 

Loveshinesthru
on 10/20/11 5:57 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I am 6 weeks out and my dr has not told me when I can quit crushing my pills. I stopped crushing them because I could not tolerate the taste. IF they are bigger I cut them up with my pill cutter into 4 pieces and take them that way. The capsules, ive just been taking whole. I was just given another capsule to take.. grr.. Im on gabapentin now for neuropathy in my feet. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Nancy B.
on 10/20/11 7:00 pm
I had the same doc and I had to crush them for about the first week. However, just call the office and they will let you know for sure. The staff there is great if you ever have questions.

Nancy
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 575 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 295 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?