Pain in lower left side

rebeccaj
on 10/22/11 10:13 pm - Bowling Green, KY
 I am sure this question has been asked a million times... but I'm going to ask again.

I had Band to RNY revision surgery on Oct 5, everything is going great, however, on Thursday  I over did it a bit at work (second day back to work) and since Ihave had some pretty serious sharp pains in my lower left quadrant of  my stomach.  It doesn't hurt when I am just standing or sitting, but when I get up/down, sneeze (OUCH), bend etc  it hurts like crazy.  I did notice it is directly below my big incision (about 2 1/2 inches), where they removed the port (I am still cleaning that nasty hole twice a day with peroxide and a long cotton swab).  Is this normal healing or do I need to call my doc??

rayjack12
on 10/22/11 11:14 pm
I took about a month for me to stop hurting there, which is I think a bit longer than normal.  And it literally just *poof* disappeared one day.  I woke up and there was no pain at all.
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 12:40 am, edited 10/23/11 12:42 am - Boston, MA
I had pain for 6 weeks and then one morning I woke up and it was just gone. My drain leaked for a few weeks but I never cleaned it out, I just left it bandaged and it healed on its own and closed up.
hellokitty21
on 10/23/11 1:15 am
 Hello! This happened to me when I lifted my daughter too early...I actually tore one of the cut muscles near my incision. I had to wear an abdominal binder for a few weeks, not lift ANYTHING, and really just take it easy. If it keeps hurting.. I would go see your dr. Take care of yourself:)
Most Active
Recent Topics