Surgery date possible

Adreamer5784
on 10/22/11 3:17 am - Norwood, Canada
my possible Surgery date will be  on december 2 i am so excited, i do still have one question.  I am going to Pre op  testing, WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT!!!! blood work???? anything they are looking for? i am so nervous that they will all of a sudden say no. I am just waiting... lol. seems like that is my life. please put my mind to rest if you can.

Trish S.
on 10/22/11 3:28 am - Upstate , NY
Hellow fellow Preopper!!  I am scheduled for surgery December 5....My pre-op physical is on November 18...... They gave me a paper for bloodwork and an EKG.  I see the doc to make sure I'm good to go and have my tests done......I think that is all......   They all my info is sent to the insurance company to wait for an approval.  Each surgeon is different, but this is what mine is requesting.  Best of luck to you.
--Trish
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Donna D.
on 10/22/11 3:34 am - Cockeysville, MD
Awwhhh Congrats, I can't wait 2 get a date! Just like you I hate this game called "WAIT" it is like all I do these days is think about when will I get scheuled! Well I think you made it this far Pre opt will be a breeze!! Good luck and keep me posted!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Libby0218
on 10/22/11 3:38 am - TX
I did my pre-op testing yesterday. I had several (like 8) small vials of blood drawn, an EKG, and a chest x-ray.

The hospital said that they will call me on Saturday evening or Sunday to tell me a time to show up for surgery.

I'm SO nervous, like you, that something will go wrong and I'll be told that the surgery is a no-go.

So, I'm just waiting at this point, unsure of what to expect!

Cathrine J.
on 10/22/11 4:02 am - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Here in BC we have to have an endoscopy (top down) and colonoscopy (bottom up) done as part of our pre-op tests.  I'm still waiting for mine to be scheduled.  Long waitlists here.

I had lots of blood work, a chest x-ray, an EKG and an ultrasound of my abdomen.  I believe my surgeon requires a visit to a dietician and psychologist as well.

Best of luck with your date getting finalized. 

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

sthepworth
on 10/22/11 5:09 am
Wow! Congrats on your date! Every surgeon has different pre-op instructions. Don't worry, though- it should be a breeze!
Together In Faith            
Adreamer5784
on 10/23/11 6:20 am - Norwood, Canada
i know that this is just to meet with the anastisiologist(sp) but i am thinking they will pull blood as well, does anyone know what they are looking for.  is it for diabeties or what. lol basically the  hospital has to call me back for the date, (confirmation) and then they will give me my pre op date.... soooo nervous. i think it might help if i had support from family. lol

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 156 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics