Two years out and having problems

vellpike
on 10/23/11 8:03 am, edited 10/23/11 8:19 am - Clayton, NC

December of this year will be my two year aniversary.  Since then, I have had my galbladder removed and two additional surgeries for problems.  The first was scar tissue on my stomach and just a few days ago I developed pain in lower left abdomin.  The pain was so bad, I went to the emergency room. I had a CT scan, X-ray and lastly my surgeon went in to see what was wrong.  He said he removed some scar tissue and I had  intussusception at my second connection.  This was on Friday.  Today is Sunday and I am having some of the same pain.  I dont know if it is from where they worked on me to fix it or the same pain.  I feel confused and lost.  My wife and family thought it was all in my head because CT scan came back normal as well as x-ray.  Prior to my surgery, I was 322lbs, had high blood pressure and high fasting blood sugar.  I am now 230 and ll of these are gone, but I feel like I have had nothing but problems since the surgery.  I am feeling great remorse for my choice and wish I had the ability to lose weight on  my own.  I pray this problem goes away.  Is there anyone with the same problem I have had?  

Debra P.
on 10/23/11 9:05 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I wish I could help. All I can do is send positive vibes your way...

Donna D.
on 10/23/11 10:07 am - Cockeysville, MD

Hey I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. I am going to pray that your health gets back to 100% Good luck and I hope they find out what is going on with you and fast, Keep us posted!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Amy Smith
on 10/23/11 10:53 am
I am 2 years out in August and have had similar problems, except that I was dealing with the intusupption for a year.  I have also had the scar tissue issues and gallbladder.  I am sorry you are going through it, but this too shall pass.  I had some severe pain after the intusseption surgery, but that did get much better after a couple of weeks.  I still have some discomfort on my left side, but nothing compared to the "attacks."  I had attacks, but they would relieve by the time I would get a CT scan AND I didn't want to miss work so my surgeon and I agreed that if we could catch it on CT we would do ER surgery, but if it continued to happen and resolve I could wait until school got out.

For me it does get better! :-)  Hang in there!  You have been given a gift with your WLS and I am so thankful for that gift!
vellpike
on 10/24/11 2:48 am - Clayton, NC
 thank you all for your imput.  Can you advise where you were having pain?  I seem to have it under my left rib cade then in my lower left abdomin.  The rid cage is the most often.  

Most Active
Recent Topics