WOWSERS

H0WD0Y0ULIKEMEN0
W

on 10/26/11 3:19 am - Baltimore, MD
 8 days out

I feel  totally awesome.  My only issues going on are diarrhea  and my belly itching around my incision sites. I figured on the diarrhea because really I have only been putting liquids in so that is what comes out. 

The itching I figured is my incisions healing.   

Here are some things I noticed since having surgery.  I sleep !!!!! Had issues getting to sleep and now yowsers, I’m tired, I go to bed, I fall asleep immediately.

Have a lot of more energy throughout the day.  Before I was dragging ass around 2pm

I’m going stir crazy being at home.   I am working from home and it is driving me insane.  Yes I’m a workaholic, but couldn’t afford  to have off for two weeks.  So I brought my entire office home the weekend before surgery.  

I’m drinking about 64 oz of water, 3 protein shakes a day, cream soups, skim milk, chicken broth, vegetable broth, beef broth.  Taking 1500mg of calcium, a multivitamin 3 times a day and Zantac  2x’s a day.

One thing I haven’t done and don’t plan on  doing is getting on the scale until my first pre op appt. with the doc next Tuesday.  I’m too scared to.

Am I doing everything right?

Highest Weight: 235 Pre op Start Weight:222 Surgery Weight 205 Current Weight:152Goal Weight: 118
Nothing taste as good as Thin feels      

Ramie A.
on 10/26/11 4:27 am - Bronx, New York, NY
WOWSERS!!  It sounds super!  I was like you in that I didn't have any trouble getting my protein and liquids in for the first few weeks.  Also, like you, I had trouble sleeping before and now I sleep like a baby!  That good sleep has continued into my third month.

Congratulations!
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

Dave Chambers
on 10/26/11 4:29 am - Mira Loma, CA
You're lucky, in the energy department. Far more post ops suffer from fatigue for 3 months or so post op.  I know of a couple of post ops who had immediate energy for a couple of weeks, then fatigue, and then felt better in a couple of months.  You're lucky you can sleep well.  Sleep issues are a pretty common problem with post ops.  Take sublingual B12, at least 500mcg daily. I would highly recommend the 50K IU dry D3. Vitamin D issues affect most post ops. You should have lab levels of 80-90 for D. It's almost impossible to get there without these 50K IU dry D3. Start out with 3 per week, and monitor your labs, adjusting D3 as needed.  You're also lucky to be able to get the 64 oz of water daily. Learning to sip water and getting at least 64 oz of water daily is a major challenge for many post ops. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active