3 week post op hurdle

Adrienne G.
on 10/27/11 5:23 am - Germantown, MD
Went to drs. yesterday because I've been lightheaded and tired -- we've been adjusting bp med because it's been low.  Well... dr. just called and my anemia has gotten worse since pre op blood work.  YIKES!!!  I wasn't even taking iron before surgery and now it's gotten worse.  PCP is contacting surgeon and guess we'll go from there.  Not feeling real happy today because PCP wants me to take a break from the gym AND I'm not totally impressed with my weight loss since surgery (12 lbs).  This is where I become my own worst enemy -- I want and need to get those scales moving in the right direction.

I didn't expect completely smooth sailing but today is just not a great day
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

Jameen G.
on 10/27/11 5:42 am - NC
Patience Ms. Adrienne, Patience!  The weight didn't come on over night, and it will not go away over night.  You need to listen to your doctor.  If he is saying take a break, then take a break.  YOU also need to be listening to your body.  Give your body time to adjust and get the kinks out ... when you are feeling better, then you can go full force!

AND today is a GREAT day, because you are breathing and down 12 lbs ... Hang in there my friend!

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

Godgaveus2
on 10/27/11 9:24 am - WI
Funny you posted this today. I had surgery on the 10th and have also been feeling lightheadedness and more tired that usual. I talked to the nurse today, and they are going to keep an eye on things for a few days. I never had an issue with any of my numbers, but I wonder if that's something that could be happening? I was actually thinking low blood sugar. Who knows, this is all so new to me. Good luck and you will be back in the gym soon.
Donna D.
on 10/27/11 2:09 pm - Cockeysville, MD
Hey Adrienne, I am sorry you are not feeling that well!! You do what the Doc says! I know you want the weight off fast but it will come off, but you have to take care of your self first! Ok girl you get better real soon!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Most Active
Recent Topics