New type of multi

ecshumway
on 10/27/11 11:47 am - NY
I noticed that there is a new bariatric supplement now that meets and exceeds the ASMBS criteria. It is called New Life . Of course I'd have to take 6 tablets a day but according to the labels it has at least 200% of everything and more than that of others. I'm just wondering what you guys think.

http://www.newlifebariatricsupplements.com/

poet_kelly
on 10/27/11 11:53 am - OH
As always, I am very skeptical of any product that does not make it easy to find the nutritional info on their webiste.  It's hard to have an opinion if I can't find the nutritional facts.

However, I am also immediately skeptical and turned off when the website states in big letters that this is the only supplement that meets and exceeds the ASMBS criteria.  MANY supplements meet the ASMBS criteria.  If a company is going to start off lying to me like that, I'm not going to trust anything they say.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ecshumway
on 10/27/11 11:56 am - NY
I have the bottle in front of me. I know on the website it is hard to reasd the comparison sheet, but the bottle has it printed on the label. They appear to have everyting we need as well as Calcium citrate 200% for 6 tablets. B12 @ 10,000 %, vitamin D3 @ 400% etc. I can list them all if you'd like. I'm going to try them.

poet_kelly
on 10/27/11 11:59 am - OH
I finally did find the comparison sheet on the website but I couldn't find a list of ingredients.  Like, what kind of vitamin A does it have?  How much calcium citrate do you get in six tablets?  Are they huge?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ecshumway
on 10/27/11 12:07 pm - NY
You get 2000 mg of calcium citrate with 6 tablets, 10,000  IU of Vitamin A . The tablets are about the size of a dime in diameter but a little thicker.

poet_kelly
on 10/27/11 12:16 pm - OH
Now I'm really curious.  You know how chewable vitamins and chewable calcium citrate are usually pretty big?  That's because those vitamins and minerals are big.  I'm wondering how they fit 2000 mg calcium citrate into six tablets that small along with all those other vitamins.

If they really have all that, that would be wonderful.  I'm just wondering how they were able to do it when other vitamin companies can't seem to fit that much calcium citrate into something that small.

Plus, like I said, I'm really suspicous of companies that print things that simply aren't true on their websites.  Also, I realize this really has nothing to do with the quality of a vitamin, but when I find multiple spelling and grammar errors on a company's website, it makes me feel less positive about the company.  Like, if the company can afford to produce a really good vitamin, can't they afford someone to proofread their advertising copy?

I know I sound like I'm being difficult.  From what you've told me so far, these vitamins sound fine.

ecshumway
on 10/27/11 12:43 pm - NY
They do mention that because of the calcium, they are gritty and suggest that you rinse with a small amount of water afterwards.
I agree with you as far as professional advertising goes. And they do seem too good to be true but I'm going to try them and I'll keep an eye on my labs. I'll update you as I go along.

poet_kelly
on 10/27/11 12:50 pm - OH
Let me know how it goes.  And I'll let you know if I find out anything about them.  I emailed Andrea at WLSVitagarten to see if she knows anything about them.

ecshumway
on 10/29/11 1:19 pm - NY
These are HORRIBLE ! I tried one and I couldn't get the second one down. They are pretty gritty bit it's the taste that is terrible. It said they were orange flavored, they suck. So another lesson learned. So Kelly can you tell me exactly everything that you take.
Thanks

poet_kelly
on 10/29/11 1:42 pm - OH
For my multi, I use ENS from Celebrate, which is a powder you mix with water and it's a multi and 500 mg calcium.  Only I'm tired of it now so I just bought some generic Centrum (Meijer brand) and I'm going to alternate that with the ENS until the ENS is gone. 

For the rest of my calcium, I use Upcal D, Calcet creamy bites and Bariatric Advantage caramel chews, depending on my mood.  And how much money I have, since the Calcet is expensive.  It's the yummiest, though.

I use Sundown Perfect iron but may buy the Tender Iron from vitalady when this bottle is gone.  And I take it with generic vitamin C, whatever store brand is cheap when I need to buy some.

I use Tender D3, Tender A and Tender zinc from vitalady.  And magnesium oxide from vitalady.

And take B12 shots.

Um... I think that's everything I take currently.