Checking in after London trip...

virvin
on 10/31/11 2:01 am - CO
I am four months post-op and had my first real vacation in years.  I went with a friend to London.  I was afraid of a lot of things, but mainly having to go to the bathroom on the plane.  It's a 6 hour flight from DC and I was afraid I wouldn't fit still.  I tried to hold it, but ended up having to go...and I fit!!!  I could actually use the restroom comfortably in there.  That made me so happy.

Then the trip itself was amazing.  We averaged 15,000 steps each day!!!  I had to rest every now and then due to bad knees...but I did it!!

The eating was a challenge, but my friend helped me and encouraged me.  We shared meals and I remembered to bring my protein mix with me.  We had such a great time.

I did end up getting the flu shortly after we got back,but the trip itself was a success.  Just had to share!!

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Samantha.M
on 10/31/11 2:32 am - Germany
That's fantastic. One of my dreams is to go to London!
Proud army wife and mom of 2 ♥       
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/11 3:04 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
I loved visiting London!  I'd dreamt of it for years, and when I got off the train at Kings Cross station it was almost surreal!  Like I'd stepped into BBC America TV!!  I kept looking for Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot! 

I loved fish & chips, and "mind the gap", and the British Museum Egyptian Hall, and Rotten Row and Kensington Palace Orangerie for afternoon tea.  Didn't particularly care for the bomb threat while having tea at the British Museum, but it didn't go off, so I guess it was OK.

It was nice to get home!