Day 5 of 19.. Liquid diet...

missmuffin2005
on 11/2/11 2:50 pm - MN
My surgeon required me to loose 20lbs before I could schedule surgery.. I only lost 5, called him and he said he was going to schedule me a tennative surgery date and start me the liquid diet 5 days early... hence, the 19 days instead of 14..  Last week I got married, went on a honeymoon for 6 days, and had my period 2 days ago (sorry TMI), and weighed myself, and gained 3 of the 5lbs back.. Im so frustrated with myself.. I have been on the liquid diet for 5 days now, since I got back, and have lost a total of 7lbs since I went in for my pre-op/heaviest of 338 lbs. I called the surgeons office today and told them what was going on with my weight, as I felt really bad and guilty about what happened. Im scheduled for my pre-op class tomorrow at 9am, and I get weighed in, and they said they were going to talk to me about what it and see what they could do, as they would have a better idea after they weigh me.. My surgery date is on 11-15-211.. I really hope I didnt screw it up.  Im felling really nervous and everything, and really hope I didn't mess it all up, as the next surgery is at the end of December.  I have been doing pretty good on my liquid diet.. have been very hungry, but doing fairly well.  I had a few homemade punmkin seeds and 1 fun sized candy bar on halloween, other than that, I have been doing pretty good.  It's so hard to break habbits you have had for many years, but Im working so hard on them. Im so ready for this surgery, and know it will give my a while new life. Please pray and keep your fingers crossed for me!

A. C
on 11/2/11 2:53 pm
good luck, chin up, and hoping for the best for you! keep us posted!
goodbyegordita
on 11/2/11 9:21 pm - Miami, FL
I know its different but hubby was told he had to get his blood sugar leval down to a certain number before surgery. So his last few days instead of getting to have the last few meals everyone usually splurges on he had to go on a strict diet. He was miserable and in the end he got the number lower but not to the number they said. He stressed all weekend and in the end they did the surgery and never question that he didnt get to that majic number...

My point is dont stress. Stress can make you gain weight....Try your hardest to do the best you can and if its meant to be it will be..Worst comes to worse they will push back the date...I know you dont want that but in the end its best to do whatever they think is best.....Drink lots of water and flush yourself out...

Good luck. I will be sending you many good surgery vibes
Surgery date Sept 08, 2010.
Down 210 lbs since Surgery.
Follow my new blog on
http://goodbyegordita.wordpress.com/
add me on Facebook by searching
[email protected]

missmuffin2005
on 11/3/11 9:41 am - MN
Looks like they are going to to ahead with my surgery as planned. I spoke with the surgeon's nurse today at my pre-op appointment/group meeting, and she said the surgeon was fine with the small ammount of weight lost, and was going to proceed!  Im super excited, but kind of diappointed in myself, as I wanted to loose the weight suggested/required, turned out to be way harder than expected.  Surgery is still planned for 11-15-2011!!

Most Active
Recent Topics