Good news and Bad news

Carla M.
on 11/3/11 6:17 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Well, the good news...

I am officially in maintenance phase! My surgeon told me today to just maintain the weight I'm at. I had gained back a few pounds (on purpose) because it made me feel better over all. I had already been maintaining this new weight for about a month, but it was nice to know that my doctor thinks that this is my optimal weight too. Only eight months out and I'm where I should be!!! How awesome is that?!?!?!

Bad news....

The surgery didn't fix ANY of my problems that I had the surgery for to begin with. My liver enzymes are elevated and yucky all over again, my eating is sporatic again because of stomach problems (not related to a finicky pouch), and I'm havin pain in my abdomen again. I have to go see the gastroenterologist again for some mor testing in a week. :(

All in all though, I feel better and move better. Would I have the surgery again? Maybe, but not for what I had it for. I really had it for my liver and stomach problems, not weight loss. Although, the weight loss has given me an added bonus....a more actve life.  would hve never thought that losing this weight would have added so much to my daily life. I'm amazed every day by how much I can do now that I couldn't before. Definitely a blessing in disguise in my case.

Have a great day everyone!

gabbyabby
on 11/3/11 6:24 am
I am glad you are feeling kinda better.  I hope they figure out what is causing you this additonal pain so that you can live your new life to the fullest. 

Eliza55
on 11/3/11 7:05 am - PA
Congrats on maintenance. 

Sorry to hear about your liver enzymes and I hope the GI doc can figure what's up with your abdominal pain.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

D-J
on 11/3/11 9:28 am
Carla are you taking anykind of milk thistle at all? it has helped with making my liver problems alittle easier,,way to go meeting your goal so soon that's gotta be an awesome feeling,,
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics