Reaction to the sun?

Ashley K.
on 11/6/11 1:55 am - GA
 I'm almost four weeks post op and I went to the UGA football game yesterday with my boyfriend. We sat in the front row of the student section where there was absolutely no shade, so needless to say, we both got incredibly sunburnt. My face is sunburnt pretty bad. When I woke up today, I noticed a rash on my forearms, which were exposed yesterday. I haven't done anything differently except for a spend an extended amount of time in the sun. Is it possible that the sun could've caused this reaction? For now, the rash doesn't really hurt or itch. It just concerned me.
Dave Chambers
on 11/6/11 1:06 am - Mira Loma, CA
The "rash" may just be small blisters from a severe sunburn.  I'm guessing that neither of you used any sun screen either.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Ashley K.
on 11/6/11 1:38 am - GA
Nope. Didn't even think about sunscreen. Lol. But the "rash" doesn't hurt or anything and it's just my face that is really sunburnt. It looks like I'm broken out in hives just on one side of my forearms and it's really not super bad or anything.
Katari
on 11/6/11 1:44 am - OR
Some medications can have you react to the sun as well. Are you on any new meds? My son developed an allergy to the sun and it does sound very similar to what happens to him, although very mild compaired to his symptoms.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Ashley K.
on 11/6/11 1:59 am - GA
 That's what my friends suggested, but I haven't been taking anything other than my normal meds and my vitamins. I'm not super concerned about it. I just made me a little worried when I woke up with it all over my arm! lol
CarolBeth
on 11/6/11 2:05 am - SoCal, CA
For years, my legs have gotten a mild, non-itchy rash when exposed to the sun.  It has now spread to m/y arms.  My doctor says I likely have a mild sun allergy, since it doesn't matter if I'm on meds or not, have lotion of any type on or not, etc.  When I was young, I had an alergy to cold and would break out in huge, severe hives when I walked home from school in the winter. So, I'm not really surprised.  I've just learned to live with it. 
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Most Active