need Help getting back on track and loosing more weight

CountryGirl7
on 11/8/11 3:02 am - UT
I have lost alot of weight and I am more active.  But I have found myself resorting back to some of old bad eating habits in need of help getting back on track so I can hit my goal weight I am 6 months out from surgery -- what and how much should I be eating.

LaToya S.
on 11/8/11 3:23 am - Edwardsville, IL
I have not had surgery yet but my surgeon's office and psychiatrist have both asked that I contact them I resort back to old habits.
So which old habits are you resorting back to? Eating sugary things, eating a lot of things? I would deffinately talk to the nutritionist to see how many calories you should be taking in right now.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

poet_kelly
on 11/8/11 3:32 am - OH
What does your dietician advise?  You're working with a registered dietician, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lisa R.
on 11/8/11 5:07 am - CA
 I too am 6 months out with 15 lbs to goal and I find that if it is in front of me I will eat it.

clean the bad foods out of your house and make a meal plan and stick to it.  It is hard.  For me it is hardest at night, but I have to talk myself up all the time to stick to this. 

The farther out I get the easier it is too eat whatever I want and the harder it is to say no.  This is a totally life makeover, and I have to work at it everyday.  The fear of regain keeps me straight.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
ecshumway
on 11/8/11 5:58 am - NY
Planning is a big part of being successful. I often find if I haven't planned ahead, I tend to stray a bit. I grab anything because I "don't have time" to decide what I want.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 11/8/11 6:23 am
At 6 months out I had just worked up to 1/2 cup of food per meal, protein forward or protein only meals. I was (and always did) 3 meals a day and a snack or two if needed. I was on 600 calories per day at 6 months out, adjusting that to compensate for my activity level. More on more active days, less on less active days. Your doc can probably give you a good guideline to follow. I wasn't on any protein drinks or shakes as per my docs recommendation - he has us get all our nutrition from solid food, but if you're allowed shakes you can have a few more calories than I was allowed. 9montths was 900 calories and 3/4 cup, one year was 1000-1200 calories and 1 cup to 1 1/4.

Jen 10 yrs post op RNY
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 54 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 358 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views