breast pain?

skabets112
on 11/9/11 3:01 pm
so I've been very bad about posting here lately, but life has gotten very busy. I have a quick question for all of you post oper's out there. I had my surgery back in January of this year, so I'm 10 months out, and about 115 lbs down from my pre op-pre-liquid diet weight.

With tht being said, yesterday, while wearing a tank top with a built in bra (no regular bra on), I got this sharp stabing pain in my left breast. It was more like under the tissue, but above the rib cage, if that makes sense? I do my monthly breast exams (about every other month), and did one yesterday evening after this happened, and didn't feel anything abnormal. Well, last night my husband and I, well...you know...and I had to stop him, because my boob felt like it was ripping off (once again I was bra-less). I'm wondering if this is a "normal" thing after you drop a lot of weight. I just had my annual this year (like 2 weeks ago), so I'd rather not have to go see the doctor again, but obviously will if this keeps up.

Thanks for reading, and thank you in advance for taking the time and answering me :)

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

poet_kelly
on 11/9/11 4:58 pm - OH
If you were thinking breast cancer or something like that, that very rarely causes pain, or at least doesn't cause pain until the condition is very advanced.  Now, there are exceptions, I'm sure, but it's probably nothing bad.  It may just be needing more support.  However, if it happens a few more times, I would go see your doc.  Also, if you think it might be your heart that is causing pain, you need to go to the ER.  Chances are it's nothing serious, but heart attacks and breast cancer are just things you don't want to mess around with.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

skabets112
on 11/9/11 10:09 pm
It doesn't feel like it's my heart, that wasn't even in question, because it feels like it's above my rib cage (does that make sense?) The breast cancer became a thought when my husband said "do you do your monthly examinations?"

I just wasn't sure if it were something that might have to do with the soft tissue/fat moving etc.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13