Question for Kelly please

dawney
on 11/14/11 12:47 am

Kelly, I went to my surgeon for my follow up appointment (I had surgery on 08/24/2011). He told me I could start taking regular vitamins now.  What would be a good multivitamin, I already have my iron, B12 and such.  Any information you could supply would be appreciated.  Thanks for all the wonderful information you supply to those of us that are starting the journey. 

By the way I have lost 62 pounds!  OMG, so hard to believe.

Thanks,

Dawn

poet_kelly
on 11/14/11 12:52 am - OH
Any multi with 100% of the RDA of most stuff in it is good.  Something like Centrum, or a store brand equivalent.  You can compare the label of the store brand to the label on Centrum and see if they are basically the same.  You'll need two a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RainDiva
on 11/14/11 1:12 am
Kelly,

I have a question about multi vits too
My surg office said that I can start to take reg vits two months post op. Have you ever researched. Alive vits. let me know your thoughts. Surg office told me any vitamin with a upc label would be ok. I took Alive pre-op because it never hurt my tummy like other vits.
my nut at the surg office said no gummy vits at all. also would flintstone kid vits be ok. ( Not sure if you have to take more of them or not but I remember that the taste wasnt to bad)

poet_kelly
on 11/14/11 1:17 am - OH
Flintstones aren't OK because they are missing a lot of things we need, like selenium, vitamin K, potassium, etc.  I  know it says complete on the bottle, but they are not really complete. 

I am not familiar with Alive.  Look at the label.  Does it have 100% of things?  Does it have minerals like zinc, copper and selenium?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RainDiva
on 11/14/11 1:22 am
I will have to look to make sure. I know you know a lot about the vits, which ones do you take. The only thing I have to watch is if they will hurt my tummy like certain ones did before

poet_kelly
on 11/14/11 1:27 am - OH
Right now I've got generic Centrum, the Meijer store brand.  Any one with 100% of stuff in it is fine.  Do you know why the other ones hurt your tummy before?

Ladytazz
on 11/14/11 12:10 pm
I can't take vitamins with added iron because they bother my stomach.  I take silver vitamins or those for over 50 because they usually don't have iron.  I think it's the kind of iron they use.  I use the Tender Iron from Vitalady and it doesn't bother me.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

RainDiva
on 11/14/11 1:26 am
ok i looked at the alive. it does have the zink, copper and selenium all and everything in the vit is 100 percent except for sodium and potassium, it also has a huge list of green foods/amino acids/garden veggies/orchard fruits/myco defense mushroom blend/digestive enzyme blend/omega fatty acid blend/citrus bioflavonoid complex.

poet_kelly
on 11/14/11 1:27 am - OH
Should be fine, then.

RainDiva
on 11/14/11 1:29 am
thank you its just a huge vitamin

Most Active