antibiotics

nweeks621
on 11/18/11 6:35 am - Stockton, CA
i am a year out and am sick and was wondering if antibiotics still work the same in my new body.
nicole    penicillin v
deltadawn9
on 11/18/11 6:43 am
Yes they will work for you. Erythromyocin and some of the others are hard on the stomach and should be avoided. Tell your MD you have a pouch and a sensitive stomach and to order an antibiotic that is easy on the stomach. Always a good idea to take some yogurt with probiotics in it to prevent diarrhea on antibiotics. Good Luck hope you feel better soon. 

nweeks621
on 11/18/11 7:05 am - Stockton, CA
thank u so much
Dave Chambers
on 11/18/11 9:17 am - Mira Loma, CA
Results from taking antibiotics post op can vary. I took Cipro many times to guard against or treat an infection from cuts that needed stitches as a preop. I had an incident around 6 months post op, went to the ER for stitches, and received Cipro to guard against infection.  I took it for 2-3 days and then had severe diarrhea. No changes in diet whatsoever.  I stopped taking the Cipro at 7 days of 10 day treatment, taking Lomotil to stop the severe diarrhea. I told my PCP about this a couple of months later. My medical chart is marked no Cipro as a result. I've taken Bactrim for another infection with no issues.  You won't know if the antibiotic will cause issues until you take it a few days.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

nweeks621
on 12/1/11 6:32 am - Stockton, CA
thanks dave