Started my 2-week liquid regimen today

WoodsonArcher
on 11/21/11 9:43 pm - TX
My surgery is 2 weeks from today. I have to drink protein shakes for 2 weeks to shrink my liver. I am not panicked about the liquid diet, but my self preservation is starting to kick in as I am a little afraid of the surgery. But I am excited about my long term goals for health.  
Jedene F.
on 11/21/11 10:36 pm - Oneonta, NY
Good luck!  I am baffled why every surgeon does the pre-op diet differently.  I only had to do a 3 day liquid diet, which was fine - but 2 weeks or longer?!  that seems like a bit much!  Keep posting here and let us know how you're faring.  2 weeks will come quickly enough and you'll be on the loser's bench with us soon enough! 

ORIGINAL: HW 318.2; SW 295.0; LW 158.6
RECOMMIT: RGW 220.8; CW 206.2; GW 158

kellyl1202
on 11/21/11 11:15 pm
the 2 week liquid diet is difficult but will help with your surgery and jump start your weight loss. The 2 week diet was so hard for me that I started to look forward to surgery so it would be over LOL!
The thought of surgery is frightening -that's perfectly normal and as you can see lots of us made it through and are doing very well!
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 11:16 pm - Boston, MA
 My 2 week liquid diet was actually 2 shakes and 4 oz meat and a cup of veggie for dinner.. I thought it was pretty easy and I lost 25 lbs on it and my doctor said my liver was GREAT!! You can do it!!! Best of luck to you!
WoodsonArcher
on 11/22/11 12:40 am - TX
The liquid diet varies by your size. About 1/2 of our support group members didnt have to do a liquid diet because their BMI was less than 40 {I think 40 is the number they use}.
Most Active
Recent Topics