Thanksgiving - proud of myself

WoodsonArcher
on 11/24/11 1:01 pm - TX
For some time, i knew i would be on a liquid only diet during Thanksgiving. I knew that I didnt want to visit my family, or the in-laws and watch everyone else eat. I also knew it would **** off some folks when i told them i wasnt coming to their house. I called them in advance and told them my decision and asked for their support. I started my liquid diet on Tuesday and have stayed on track. In order to keep myself from feeling deprived, i got up this morning and took my boat to a local lake to go fishing. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I didnt catch much, but I spent quite a while slowly driving the lake enjoying the col breeze and the sunshine. This evening, it was cool enough to have a fire in the fireplace and i love it. I really love turkey, but I know it will be waiting for the smaller me next year. Tomorrow, i am goiong to resume excercising, which i had to stop for a couple of days as I felt weak and had a headache from not eating. Now I feel pretty good and I know that I can do this. 
poet_kelly
on 11/24/11 1:15 pm - OH
Good job.  How about printing out this post and putting it somewhere safe to keep for those times in the future when you are having trouble staying on track?  You know, when things are hard and you are tempted to give in.  Because you are absolutely right, you know now that you can do this.  If you could do it today, you can do it whenever you need to.

You took care of yourself, I'm assuming no one got really mad (or if they did, you did not let them ruin your day), you learned there are other ways to treat yourself besides eating, you learned that you can tell yourself you'll have turkey (or whatever yummy food) another time, and it all worked out.  What great stuff to be learning before surgery!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

michelle.z
on 11/24/11 10:14 pm - Barberton, OH
Good for you! Sounds like a perfect way to spend a day! So glad you made it through the day and found a great alternative! Good luck to you!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
littleskie
on 11/25/11 1:47 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
What a great way to spend the day!

I'm envious...lol!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics