10 days till surgery

willoseit
on 11/25/11 2:08 am
Hey all, 
 I am 10 days away from my surgery!  Excited, scared, overwhelmed.....lots of different things.  I am on 2 week pre-op now and find the protien drinks to be awful but my surgeon said I can have 1 small meal consisting of 3 oz of protien and a cup or two of veggies once a day so I had a little bit of turkey and some green beans yesterday and for dessert some sugar free jello.  I am really proud of myself, but I really want the surgery and I dont want the doctor to not do it because I couldnt stick with the rules.  I am so excited about getting this weight off, but last few days I have been struggling with headaches.  Hoping it wont always be like this. I am so looking forward to getting this weight off and gone forever.  My insurance is really good for the surgery but not for anything cosmetic so I have already started a tummytuck/breast reduction lift fund.  My Doctor set my goal weight at 180 but I totally want to be closer to 165, but maybe he is being more realistic than I am.  Thanks for letting me ramble...

Teresa

HW: 324.7  SW:      CW:        GW:165    
Weighting2Bskinny
on 11/25/11 2:42 am
WOW! How exciting!! I am excited too for mine! Its at the end of January! I will pray your surgery goes perfectly smooth. Good luck!

GOD BLESS YOU            
mikjul1
on 11/25/11 2:55 am - bel air, MD
You are not alone I am right there with ya. Mine is on the 6th I also am nervious scared and excited all in one if that makes sense.
poet_kelly
on 11/25/11 3:24 am - OH
Are you trying different protein shakes to find some you like?

Good luck with surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lk7777
on 11/25/11 8:39 am - Blue Springs, MO
my doctor didnt care about that
poet_kelly
on 11/25/11 8:45 am - OH
Didn't care about what?  If you liked your protein shakes or not?  Well, a doctor might not care if I like my protein shakes, but I sure care whether I like them!  I don't want to have to force down something that tastes nasty a couple times a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sharon T.
on 11/25/11 6:25 am - PA
waiting for a surgery date. Insurance wants me to wait 6 mos.I am on my fifth month. having trouble losing weight.My surgon says that he will not do the Dr will not do the RNY or anything else until I lose weight.Have any suggestions? I am strugeling!!
AidensMum520
on 11/25/11 7:33 am - ME
 My surgery is right around the corner as well!! I have been on the liquid diet since Sunday and it seems to be getting better as the days go on.  I definitely hear ya on the headaches!  It will be worth it in the end.  I wish you the best of luck!!
 Ashley             
WoodsonArcher
on 11/25/11 8:07 am - TX
i am also 10 days out. I am on day 4 of my liquid diet. I dont care for the hot shakes {chicken noodle soup flavor and broccoli and cheese flavor} as much as i like the cold ones {vanilla and chocolate}. I find that if i add pepper to the chicken noodle and italian seasoning and pepper to the Broccoli & cheese, they are a little better. i add a cap of imitation vanilla and a little equal to the chacolate and vanilla and blend with ice for an icy shake that is pretty good. For my first week after surgery, i will only get the chocolate and vanilla {or possibly strawberry}. i am loosing quite a bit I think. I need to so they can safely do the laproscopy versus open surgery. Good luck to everyone that is having surgery soon !!!
Rena H.
on 11/25/11 12:00 pm
You and I have the same surgery date! I know exactly how you feel about headaches. My head hurt on day 3 and 4 but it seems to be fading away slowly. I think it may be our bodies withdrawling from carbs, etc. Hang in there, I have had every emotion in the book. Being emotional seems to be very common with this surgery. Best wishes for a rapid recovery and successful journey.

Keep in touch! See you on the bench! :)))
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 330 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 457 views