Lower back pain

K_Behr
on 11/26/11 12:29 pm
I've been doing so well since surgery on the 7th...but in the past few days I've had severe lower back pain on my left side. I don't know what it could be. It stays for awhile and then it's gone. It hasn't happened enough to figure out what causes it yet, but wanted to see what thoughts you all had!
poet_kelly
on 11/26/11 1:06 pm - OH
Have you been sitting, standing, lying down in a different position than normal, maybe due to stomach pain or soreness?

When you say severe, though, how bad is that?  Like on a scale of 1 to 10?  Are you having any other symptoms?  If it's really severe, I wonder if it might be a kidney stone?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BugdocMom
on 11/26/11 1:46 pm - CA
I had some pretty bad lower back/side pain the first couple of months after surgery. Especially when driving or sitting at my desk. I could tell it was muscle pain and not something wrong inside (although I sometimes worried). It eventually eased up and then went away totally. I honestly think it was lack of muscle tone and weight shifting. My muscles weren't used to holding up my body in a sitting position because it could always just lean on the fat rolls to stay upright...really! I have heard of others who experience sore muscles as their weight shifts and they have to adjust to their new bodies.
K_Behr
on 11/26/11 2:10 pm
I wasn't doing anything in particular. It came on so I had my daughter rub my back..then all of a sudden I felt nauseated so went to the bathroom and gagged a few times(sorry for the TMI) and it hurt for about a half hour more and then it was gone.  Last time it happened I went to sleep and it was gone when I woke up!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views