I hate salmon... but finally figured out how to tolerate it~

rebeccaj
on 11/28/11 6:45 am - Bowling Green, KY
 I have never been a fan of salmon, but I know it is a healthy food and want to eat it!  Tonight I prepared a piece in the oven, then put it on a bed of baby greens and sliced tomato.  Dipped it in a balsamic vinaigrette that I whipped up and I actually liked it.  I think all the vinegar hid that fishy taste that I don't care for:)!  If I can eat it one more time this week and one tuna lunch I get to skip my omega 3 dose for the week YEAH!!

bowknot
on 11/28/11 7:09 am
I struggle with fish and poultry to this day.  My pouch doesn't like the texture.  It isn't the flavor for me. 

I can eat them with sauces.  I like salmon with tzatziki made from Greek yogurt.  We got some great tzatziki  from COSTCO.

Kay
dancerwife
on 11/28/11 8:29 am
 We use a tequila lime marinade from the grocery store.  I think the extra tang makes it taste better.

3/24/10 - 297 lbs the day of surgery    
WoodsonArcher
on 11/28/11 9:17 am - TX
McCormick makes a garlic & dill sauce for Salmon. You pour it on the salmon and bake at 425 degrees for about 16 minutes {the directions say 12 but that is not done enough for me}. It is delicious.
missjann
on 11/28/11 1:04 pm
I love salmon but my family does not. They love the version I make for them though, cover with lime juice, spread dijon on both sides, coat with fresh grated parmesan and top with cilantro and bake or grill til done. I'll have to try the vinagrette on it as I love salmon salad. Thanks for the good idea!
    Jan

Most Active
Recent Topics