OMG sugar alcohols.. stay away..

patriciacreveling
on 11/29/11 8:24 am
im at 3 weeks and the other day i bought sugar free pudding. had one and had stomach pains all day long.. it was awfull.. all gas... in my abdomen.. then i finally made at 7pm instant mashed potato..wiht a little butter..felt better but i didnt eat or drink all day .. im getting very burnt out with this puree stuff.. today i ate soup all day, veg beef.. i chewed very well and im keeping it down. the can lasted me all day long. Please i would love some more ideas what to eat. and also im not drinking my protien like i should, it taste so bad. so i bought today ensure 25 grams protien, and only 5 gm sugars. i tasted that today it was ok, but i didnt drink the entire bottle. i need some ideas on how to do it. im very fustrated. Please help..
patriciacreveling
on 11/29/11 8:31 am
opps i forgot to mention that the pudding had sugar alcohol in it.. lol
debgore
on 11/29/11 8:35 am
Hi Patrice,

It's hard isn't it!  I am 4 weeks post op.  I got so sick and tired of soup.  Did yout nut give you a meal plan to follow for soft foods to eat?  It would be best to follow your plan. 

My plan lets me have a  TBSP of soft poached egg, TBSP of  small curd cottage cheese low fat , TBSP of canned tuna, can ham and can chicken mixed with LOTS of low fat mayo. Not all at one time of course, I can only eat 1 TBSP every 4 hrs at this time.  Hoping my new tummy doesn't get too much bigger  LOL!!!!  Loving the small meals.

Please follow your plan that your nut gave you, if you do not have one, call and ask for one.  I know each nut session is different.

Good Luck on your new journey!!!

Take Care,
Deb
patriciacreveling
on 11/29/11 8:41 am
Hi deb, yes mine is about the same as your, i have to eat 5x s day at 3oz each sometimes i can have 2 tbs of pudding or yogurt and 2 tablespoon of tuna or chicken salad, i can have scrabbled egg or egg salad, idk what it is, i feel hungry sometimes i just also dont want to eat that stuff, but i know i have to. i like yogurt vanilla lite and fit i can eat. i do like mashed potato but after a while i feel blah lol.. i do enjoy the small meals too. better to eat that way. i cant wait to eat solids then i can have a little more variety.. maybe ill get some crackers and eat that with my canned chicken. and get some crunch. lol
patriciacreveling
on 11/29/11 8:42 am
good luck to you as well, i wish you so much success :)
Eliza55
on 11/29/11 9:16 am - PA
One question - could you also be lactose intolerant?  I get horrible gas and stomach pains from any milk product, and I wasn't lactose intolerant before surgery. 
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

ohioh
on 11/29/11 12:23 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
I have a HORRIBLE time with sugar alcohols, I actually handle sugar better.  Make sugar free pudding from a box (it takes 3 minutes...super, super quick and easy)..it doesn't have any sugar alcohols in it. I don't know why, but it doesn't.  It doesn't give me any trouble.  BUT..the premade kind you buy in the cups make me gassy and sick.  I stay clear of those things. ICK!!!!

During the pureed phase....try the cottage cheese, try ricotta cheese with some spaghetti sauce on it and bake it, that's yummy!  Try some roast beef or corned beef hash from a can.  It smashes down into a very soft puree texture and is yummy.  Try some oatmeal (thinner) with some splenda, milk and flavored protein powder in it (I bought a sample of the nectar fuzzy naval and I use some of that)..you can use plain and put some splenda and milk in it or a little SF syrup or jam, Try Kroger carbmaster yogurts..those are great (alot of people like the greek yogurts, I personally don't), I was able to eat pieces of thin deli meets chewed well and small pieces of cheese chewed well too.  Hummus is good too.  I loved Bean with Bacon soup and Wendy's chili or Hormel vegetarian chili.  Just some ideas for you!!  

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views