Loving my protein shakes!

jamiemariep
on 12/3/11 11:36 pm
Granted it takes me 2+ hours to finish one and yesterday was the first day I got in two (because I was sipping til 1130!) but I'm soo glad my taste stayed the same. Here's what I do:

3/4c water
1/4c half & half
1****
1scoop Any Whey unflavored
1scoop Big Train Chocolate Mocha or Vanilla Latte
mixed up in my magic bullet

I've been experimenting with different extracts like coconut, raspberry, banana and peanut butter to make different flavors. This morning I combined peanut butter and
banana...delicious!

Please share your favorite protein shake concoctions!

Tiara Classic 5k 5/13/12: 37:19
Marion Village 5k 6/23/12 32:55
Rochester Road Race 5k 8/11 29:58
Acushnet Road Race 4 mile 9/3 41:07
Spooky Spooner 5k 10/28 PR 28:05

iisme
on 12/4/11 12:02 am
I dont have the exact measurments as I am more of a "dump things in the blender as I go" sort of person. My fav protein shake is Root Beer float. I use:

1 scoop vanilla whey protein
1 cup of milk
root beer extract
1 cup ice
1/2 cup water

10 pounds loss pre-op
BoomerSooner1
on 12/4/11 12:35 am
Will any of these cause a new pouch to dump? That root beer sounds yummy! Doesn't have sugar does it?
 Don't ask me how we lost to Baylor.  I can't figure it Out either!            
poet_kelly
on 12/4/11 12:39 am - OH
Oh, that sounds yummy!  Do you buy the root beer extract the same place you get vanilla extract? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

iisme
on 12/4/11 3:38 am
yes, you can buy the root beer extract where you get the vanilla extract. I have found that Walmart carries it. Some grocery stores don't.
To answer the other question.....the amount needed I don't think would cause a new pouch to dump. I am very sensitive when it comes to protein shakes. I have a hard time with Click even though I love it and I am almost 3 years out!

10 pounds loss pre-op
poet_kelly
on 12/4/11 12:38 am - OH
My current favorite is about 10 ounces soy milk, one scoop Syntrax Nectar cappuccino, a spoonful of instant decaf coffee and a little splender.  I put it all in a cup with a lid and shake well, then add three or four ice cubes.  Yum.

I'm glad you're liking your shakes.  It helps so much to find one (or more) that you like.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jamiemariep
on 12/4/11 1:52 am
You can find root beer extract with the regular extracts. our super walmart.is where i found the weird ones.like pb

Tiara Classic 5k 5/13/12: 37:19
Marion Village 5k 6/23/12 32:55
Rochester Road Race 5k 8/11 29:58
Acushnet Road Race 4 mile 9/3 41:07
Spooky Spooner 5k 10/28 PR 28:05

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views