Need a non chewable calcium pill with citrate

RainDiva
on 12/4/11 11:23 am
nyonecitrate tone know of one. I am almost out of ba chewable ones and have tolerated non chewable multi vita pretty well so I want to also get a calcium citrate

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/4/11 11:43 am - OH
There are MANY varieties of calcium citrate pills and capsules.  Some are larger than others, but many people seem to use the Citracal Petites (they are shorter than other calcium pills but are just as big (if not slightly bigger) as the regular size.  I personally use flexible capsules from the Vitamin Shoppe and Upcal D calcium citrate powder that dissolves in liquid (although you do have to re-stir if you don't drink it right away because some of it does not dissolve completely and will settle to the bottom.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ShebasMom
on 12/4/11 11:43 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I buy mine from VitaLady. It has 500 mg calcium citrate with vit D and magnesium oxide in a capsule. The capsule is easier to swallow than the pill. You will need to take 3-4 casules/day. (I need the mag oxide for constipation) I started taking them about 3 weeks post op and didn't have any pouch problems.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

poet_kelly
on 12/4/11 11:45 am - OH
Go to some place like Walmart and get a generic.  It will be cheaper.  You can also buy citracal (the ones you swallow, not their gummies) but the generic is just as good and will save you money.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

exohexoh
on 12/4/11 11:49 am - West Chester, PA
 if you do citracal or the generic form don't do the petites. the regular size is a little bigger than a multi and i think its actually easier to swallow. plus its one less pill each dose! lol

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

dixieprincess
on 12/5/11 11:46 pm - Hyannis, MA
 I buy a liquid calcium citrate online from target.com.  The brand name is Wellesse.  My NUT suggested it to me and the dosing is a bit different than what the bottle says but its inexpensive and tastes like a fruity treat...

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 212 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics