I'm in a food rut and loving it! Perdue Simply Smart Chicken

Geminisappho
on 12/8/11 8:41 pm - Atascadero, CA
I get into these ruts sometimes, don't most of us and right now these little gems are my go to.

They are Perdue Chicken Simply Smart chicken chunks. They are in the freezer section. They also have strips & breasts. They are so good and so lightly breaded so I can eat a good amount of protein and not be full of bread. They don't skimp on the chicken. When I cook it, I cook it about 5min longer than it says and flip midway as they get extra crispy. They turn out as close to a "fried"  food as I have had post-op and I feel like I am cheating with it.

I do tons of stuff with them like:

Use Franks buffalo sauce and make boneless buff wings
Cut in small chunks and use in Cobb salads, asian chicken salads
Made a home made KFC mashed potato bowl with them, oh yum!
Made Kung Pao Chicken

and with the breasts and strips I have made
Chicken parmasean
chicken w/ white gravey (like a salsburry)
and open face sandwiches.

Good stuff!
I open the bag and weight out 3-4oz portions at a time in freezer bags and then just take them out as needed this seems to get me about 6-7 serving generally.
At Albertons' right now in Cali there is a BYGO on them with the in store super saving book. And with your link here http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=yliedka93789148&bt= vi&o=92824&pt=&lang=&ws=&ct=&ci=&cl=&cp=&eb=1&c=PD&p=11294&z =&r=&pc=&tc=
there is an additional $1 coupon making 2-24oz bags come out to be $7.99.

Stats:
  • Serving Size 3 oz (84g)

• Servings Per Container 8

• Amount Per Serving (* % of Daily Value)

• Calories 140

• Calories from Fat 45

• Total Fat 5g (8%)

• Saturated Fat 1g (5%)

• Trans Fat 0g

• Cholesterol 40mg (13%)

• Sodium 400mg (17%)

• Total Carbohydrate 6g (2%)

• Dietary Fiber 0g (0%)

• Sugars 0g

• Protein 17g (0%)

• Vitamin A 0%

• Vitamin C 0%

• Calcium 0%

• Iron 2%

***ADRIENNE**

losing-jennifer
on 12/8/11 8:44 pm
Those are good! I bought them for my kids because they were a lot healthier and ended up liking them myself. Such a great quick meal. I haven't tried the unbreaded ones yet.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Geminisappho
on 12/8/11 9:15 pm, edited 12/8/11 9:17 pm - Atascadero, CA
Geminisappho
on 12/8/11 9:18 pm - Atascadero, CA
That is weird. It said I deleted it.
Anyways I basically agreed with you and want to try the non-breaded as well. So nice to find a product post-op that you like. I get all sad when I see these amazing new foods that probably just would not fly post-op for me. I feel like I "won" on this one, lol.
***ADRIENNE**