Wrinkled/Cracked Fingertips

RainDiva
on 12/12/11 2:01 am
I noticed this problem happening a few weeks ago. It feels like I have been soaking in a bathtub for 2 hours. I don't like the feel of this and also my fingertips are cracking. I thought maybe its dehydration but every article I read about dehydration doesnt show this as a early sign of dehydration. I have never had this problem prior to weight loss surgery. Anyone else out there having this same issue?

tulips52
on 12/12/11 2:12 am, edited 12/12/11 2:13 am
How are you doing? I always enjoy your youtube videos!!! I have had this problem for years so I can't attribute it to the WLS. I am always looking for the magic stuff to keep it at bay but to no avail. I think I've purchased everything on the market. I hope you find a resolution soon.

You sent me a sample menu for wks 4 and 5. Do you have any for further out? They have really helped me in planning my meals.

Thanks,
tulips

RainDiva
on 12/12/11 4:06 am
Yesterday I was two months post op and doing great. I found a sf cake mix and sf icing for the holidays. I got a babycakes cupcake maker they make tiny mini cupcakes and I love it. I dont have anything after 6 months post op because my surgeon doesnt have any food requirments after 6 weeks just measure your food and of course limit carbs, sugar etc but all food is fair unless your pouch protest. I can ask them if they can give me anything just in case. I will let you know.

3DogLover
on 12/12/11 2:35 am
Sorry about your fingertips, hope you can figure it out soon.

If you don't mind and want to share, I'd love to get some recipes.  My surgery is scheduled for this Friday.

Thanks,
Judy
RainDiva
on 12/12/11 4:08 am
no problem I can send you what my surgeon's office prepared it may be different then your surgeons requirements but can give you an idea of how much and what you can eat at each passing week. again it will depend on your pouch and your surgeons requirements.
can you give me your email

mine is [email protected] if you want to send me your email thru mine and good luck we are here for you

Libby0218
on 12/12/11 2:52 am - TX
I am experiencing the same problem.
CEEZACK
on 12/12/11 2:59 am, edited 12/12/11 2:59 am - AL
yep i have the same problem ! I am 8 months post op mine started about 2 months ago and the only  thing that helps is corn huskers lotion ..u can find it at some drug stores and walmarts
RainDiva
on 12/12/11 4:09 am
lol I have never had this issue before WLS I had thinking that it may be from it but this feels so weird like my fingertips are raisins. I am wondering if I need more water

LJ1972
on 12/12/11 8:31 am - FL
my sister's friend had this problem and they told her to increase her fats and fluid intake. Be careful with the fats though!
exohexoh
on 12/12/11 10:01 am - West Chester, PA
 mine were fine last year, and this year its just my pointer finger on my right hand, which is REALLY bad, and my middle finger on my left hand which is pretty bad. i've tried so many lotions and nothing seems to be making a difference. even tried neosporin and the aragon oil i use in my hair lol. i've tried the gloves at night. seriously, everything anyone suggests. when i go to my parents' next week, my mom said she had some athlete's foot stuff and i'm contemplating trying that just to see if it's some sort of fungus because i am at a loss. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 207 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics