any ideas??

Karleigh B.
on 12/13/11 1:55 am - CA
RNY on 11/01/11 with
  Ok... I need some variety again... I am about 6 weeks out and i am on the solid phase of things... I want something mexican like. I really want a tostada lol.. I know so random. I also want chicken.. but what can i use to make sure it is moist enough for me? I also really am craving like a stir fry type food.. i need ides ... recipes... oatmeal? i love the apple and brown suger flavor.. do they have that kind that we can have? Can i start making those whole wheat tortilla pizzas that eggface makes? eat one slice? What about salad? like a chef's salad but obviously verry little? Thanks everyone!
"If we lose, then it was worth fightin for. If we win, we only live to fight again" 
       Cee-Lo Green

laura_vermont
on 12/13/11 2:41 am
Foods tend to be an individual thing -- what works for me might not work for you. 

I love Mexican food and still do the "pureed' stage refried beans with melted cheese, salsa & sour cream on occasion.  I don't eat chicken (didn't before surgery either) - so no advice. 

As far as oatmeal, watch the sugar closely.  It's one of the very few things that doesn't work for me, but if I get a craving, I give in on occasion (makes me run). 

It's probably safe to try eggface's pizza (lactose intolerant?).  Honestly, the tortilla doesn't do it for me.  But, that's just me.  1/2 a sandwich thin would work too. 

Salads are something that work well for some of us, but are known to cause trouble.  Personally, I don't have any issues with salad.  Watch the dressing for sugar content! 

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

myminime
on 12/13/11 6:02 am - Eugene, OR
I love mexican - so I do the tostada fixings without the tostada (I'm avoiding breads and such personally because they're a total trigger for me). Ground turkey or ground chicken works well, and if you add the taco seasoning and the water to let it simmer, it always seems pretty moist to me. Then I add cheese and a bit of sour cream, and that loosens it up even more.

I haven't done a salad yet, but I get pretty full on just the protein, that I haven't added much in the way of vegetables or fruits to my diet. I did have an apple with peanut butter the other day and OMG it was awesome!

I don't have a hard time with chicken, but I usually add something like marinara sauce (watch the sugars if you're sensitive) and cheese. I apparently eat a lot of cheese Canned chicken is awesome because it's already pretty moist, and I add mayo and mustard to it.

I made stir fry the other night - I just ate most of the beef and left the veggies for the hubby and kidlets. I'd recommend cooking it longer so the veggies are softer if you're going to eat them. But since the meat cooks so fast, it didn't have time to toughen up. The store bought sauces can have a bunch of sugar, so watch that or make up your own!

HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

twellington1
on 12/13/11 6:38 am - NH
Have you tried eggface's blog I love her and she has great receipes.  I made one the other night that was a version of hers.

hamburger (you could use ground chicken or turkey) cooked
taco seasoning (i got low sodium )
salsa
corn
5 eggs
mexican cheese

blend all together and put in little muffin tins bake at 350 for 20 mins

serve with plain greek yogurt and olives on top.  YUMMY!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics