eight months out can't eat or drink much help!

1948JOY
on 12/15/11 6:47 pm - TN
I am eight months out have lost total 121 pounds and now all of sudden I am having trouble eating and drinking.  Dr. is doing scope on Dec. 22 Says I could have obstruction or need my esophgus stretched.  Anyone else had this problem?  Please let me know!
Dave Chambers
on 12/15/11 9:20 pm - Mira Loma, CA
It can happen, although it's usually within a few months of surgery. I do however, know one man in one of my support groups. He complained of the same problems for months, and seemed to be "thinning away". Several members of the support group urged him to get scoped. He had an issue that needed to be stretched,  As far as I remember, this was around 7 months post op.  He's doing well now. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

littleskie
on 12/15/11 10:36 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Sorry to hear you are going thru this. I hope they simply find out you need to be stretched when the scope you. It's quick, and simple. You will feel lots better.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 475 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 323 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics