Who'da thunk it????

cleach1972
on 12/17/11 11:53 pm
I don't think I'm eating enough but I'm not hungry. I will be 2 weeks out tomorrow and am on soft foods. For breakfast I drink a carnation no sugar instant breakfast with 1% milk...a couple of hours later I TRY to do a couple of tsp of greek yougurt...for lunch 2 slices of deli meat and a string cheese stick and dinner maybe 1/3 cup of tuna and I feel like I've been eating all day long. I'm sipping my water in between and eating sf popsicles...I don't know...
Bettisima
on 12/18/11 12:13 am
Congrats on your surgery.

Not being hungry is very common for the first several months. But to ensure you are healing, you need to eat. It really changed my view on food when I had to plan my meals, not just eat when I feel like it. But you need to give yourself a schedule. Break down the amount of protein you need to get in, and fit it into your day.

At 2 weeks out, I was getting most of my food from protein drinks, and trying the various soft things I could have on my surgeons plan. But I knew I couldn't eat enough cottage cheese or Greek yogurt to hit 65 grams of protein. I was also eating about every 2 hours. Which seemed at odds with what my brain thought was the way to lose weight. But even now I eat every 3-4 hours, and in 7 months I have dropped 90 pounds.

I guess the more direct way of saying this, is part of post op is not waiting until you are hungry to eat. You will eat to a schedule. In the long run, many believe that eating to a schedule is better for you, because poor choices and over eating can happen when you wait until your body is demanding food.

Good luck.
paranoidmother21
on 12/18/11 1:24 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Yup, you are just like most of us. Early out, eat the amount your protocol from the surgeon tells you to - and yes, you will be eating/sipping pretty much all day.

This WILL ease off as you can consume a bit more at one sitting you'll have more time between meals/shakes.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Donna D.
on 12/18/11 2:14 am - Cockeysville, MD
Hey girly I am still a Pre opter, but it sounds like you are doing great, because I hear about alot of people on these forums who are constantly nauseated, vomiting, and can't eat anything, so for you to be only 2 weeks out, and are eating these things, and is keeping it down--- I think you are doing great!! Keep up the good work , and just make sure you get your fluids, and your daily protien needs! Good luck, and save me a seat on the loosers bench!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 201 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views