1 month post op question about eating?

mama3
on 12/27/11 10:41 am
I had my post op about 1 month ago and I was worrying if I am not eating enough or to much.
I feel hungry all the time. I'm still on puree and soft food. This is what I eat in a day:
4 oz  yogurt - 11 oz protein shake - jello - 1 to 2 oz chicken - pudding - 11 oz protein shake - 1 or 2 fudge and my water
I don't know if I am full or not?
How often should I be eating? At least 3 times a day with 2-3 snacks in between. Should I wait 3-4 hours in between meals? How should I go by this?

poet_kelly
on 12/27/11 10:45 am - OH
Eating five or six times a day sounds right to me.  Waiting three or four hours between meals is fine.  I'm confused about one thing you say you're eating - fudge?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mama3
on 12/27/11 10:49 am
Sorry...not fudge but sf fudgsicle. My other question is somedays i can eat more, some days less. Im worried I'm stretching my pouch. Is that possible at this time? Thank youuuu!

poet_kelly
on 12/27/11 10:58 am - OH
You'd have to eat much too much, regularly to stretch your pouch.  Well, I mean, it's supposed to stretch some, but you'd have to overeat regularly and overeat by a lot in order to stretch it more than it's supposed to naturally stretch over the first year or so.  It's not easy to stretch it out too much.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

qnmimi
on 12/27/11 2:10 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
My body gives me mixed signals all the time. I do try to drink before ai give in to a non-planned snack just to see if I'm really just thirsty. Most of the time it's just head hunger...harder to get rid of. I have had success nibbling on raw vegies, or chewing gum. Try the drinking, could help as you might not be cleared for fresh vegies yet.