3 months post op - inspiration

littlewitch1973
on 12/29/11 10:02 am - NY
Well, I am a little over 3 months post op.

I remember my first few weeks, and wanted to let all of the newbies (okay, newer than me, lol) out there know it gets better! 

I am down 63 pounds since surgery, 83 pounds total. I have more energy, more interests, and am not as afraid to try things anymore.

Food is not a focus for me anymore. Exercise, work, playing with my kids, working around the house, running with the dogs - these are my focus now.

I have journaled all of my experiences, and have listed my NSV's over an over again. Taken monthly pictures, gotten rid of clothes I will never wear again, and met dozens of people who had the surgery. Life is fun. Life is a wonderful ride, and I am looking forward to enjoying more of it as I lose more weight. 

For those of you struggling - keep going. It will happen. If you are waiting for your surgery date, remember, everything happens in its own time, for a reason. For those struggling with the liquid diet, or mushie phase, know you will be able to eat "real food" again. Are there foods I cannot tolerate? Yes, but its okay. It is worth it, seeing the difference in my life!! 

Lastly, listen to the veterans on here - they have a breadth of knowledge and they share it without hesitation. They are an awesome group, and deserve all of the kudos for the questions they answer over and over again without a problem. Without them, I'm sure I would have lose my mind in the first few weeks! 

Good luck to you all! Enjoy your journey! 

takqia1
on 12/29/11 10:15 am
 Well said! Without the veterans help I don't know how these last three months would have been. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.
ruth4alan
on 12/29/11 10:57 am - Miami, OK
 Thank you needed to hear that. I had surgery a week and a half ago.  Iam zapped 

CV-22WIFEY
on 12/29/11 11:42 am - mary esther, FL
 Thanks for posting this I am five weeks out and it seams like I will be eating sloppy food as I call it,tho i have been cleared to start solids my body does not seam to be ready 
So just doing one new food a day and see what happens!!

lahairoi
on 12/29/11 12:27 pm
Thanks so much for posting this!  I'm fairly new to the site and am scheduled for surgery in February.  Seems like it's coming fast, but can't come fast enough.  Anyway, I really appreciate everyone's posts.  It's helped me learn so much, been inspirational/motivational/inspiring/reassuring and calmed a lot of my anxiety.   I appreciate your post tons! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 12:57 pm
Very Good and you are so right, it will get better!!!
I remember waking up from surgery and was like "ouch, what did I get myself into!" LOL

I wouldn't change a thing though.
SkyHarborGirl
on 12/29/11 9:03 pm
Well said!  And congratulations on your weightloss thus far.  Isn't it funny how we get so tied up with what we cannot have right after surgery but when we get out 3-4 months things change and your just do what you have to do.  Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing your journey through 2012!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 104 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?