what in the world was THAT?!

newtintn
on 12/29/11 2:38 pm - TN
 I had a date last night (yay, twas #3 in a week with this man ) and we went to a local bar. He got beer, I got two lemon drops, shots. Now i dont know whats inthese but i LOVE them. They werent very strong either but as we all know, post op a little dab will do ya in the alcohol dept lol, so i got a buz quickly, and it left almost as soon as it arrived. Odd thing is, after each shot I would get this GOD AWEFUL chest pain, like a gas bubble, would last about 5 min and then was gone. Now lemon drops have no carbonation in them...and ive had alcohol since surgery...anything from lemon drops to a few sips of beer, tequilla, royal flush, and ive never had this pain before. Anyone know why I got this pain? Also, just so ya know I RARELY drink...Ive had maybe 6 drinks in the last 4 or 5 months. Alos i had a lemon drop DRINK 2 wks ago and this pain didnt happen then. And I didnt chug these shots last night either, I sipped them slowly.

sjweiser
on 12/29/11 4:37 pm
 Hi remember one thing alchol has sugar in it. I gave up drinking awhile ago and don't miss it.
emt_amy
on 12/29/11 7:12 pm - MN
If I remember right its got either lemon vodka or rum, simple syrup, and something else. There is alot of sugar in those. But I can't help ya with the drinking, haven't tried yet and not gonna try for quite a while.
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 8:39 pm
 There are lots of ways to make a Lemon Drop. I just found several different recipes. So unless you ask the bartender who knows what was in that. LOL

Flaming Lemon Drop recipe
1 1/2 shots Absolut® Citron vodka
1 splash Galliano® herbal liqueur
1/2 slice lemon
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp 151 proof rum
Pour absolut citron into a shot glass and top off with a splash of galliano. Place one half lemon slice flat on the rim of the shot glass, put some sugar on the slice and soak the sugar with 151 proof rum. 
-- 
Just before drinking, ignite the sugar. Blow the flame out when it seems to caramelize the sugar. Lick the sugar off the lemon slice, down the vodka mixture, then either suck the juices or bite the pulp of the lemon.

Serve in: Shot Glass
Goldschlager Lemondrop recipe
1 oz Goldschlager® cinnamon schnapps
2 oz lemonade
Shake with ice, serve straight up.

14% (28 proof) Serve in: Shot Glass
Hairy Lemon recipe
salt
lemons
vodka
Rub salt onto the back of your hand. Bite the lemon, drink a good two mouthfuls of vodka, and lick the salt.

Serve in: Mason Jar
Lemon Drop recipe
1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz lemon juice
sugar cube
Add sugar to the rim of an old-fashioned glass, and drop a cube or packet of sugar into the bottom of the glass. Pour vodka and lemon juice into a stainless steel shaker over ice, and shake until completely cold. Pour into the prepared old-fashioned glass, and serve.

20% (40 proof) Serve in: Old-Fashioned Glass
Lemon Drop #2 recipe
1 shot Absolut® Citron vodka
1 slice lemon
1 tsp sugar
Place sugar on lemon, place in mouth and take shot, then bite down on lemon.

Lemon Drop #3 recipe
1/2 shot Absolut® Citron vodka
1/2 shot sweet and sour mix
1 slice lemon
1/2 tsp sugar
Mix equal parts absolut citron and sweet and sour mix over ice then strain into a shot glass. Sprinkle sugar on lemon slice. Drink shot, then suck the lemon.

Lemon Drop #4 recipe
1 1/2 oz Captain Morgan® Original spiced rum
1 tbsp sugar
lemon wedge
Fill a shot glass with rum. Dip lemon wedge in sugar, bite and hold the juice in your mouth. Shoot the rum and lick your lips.

26% (52 proof) Serve in: Shot Glass
Lemon Lightning recipe
1 part Everclear® alcohol
1 part lemon juice
Add equal parts everclear and lemon juice to a shot glass. Place the shot into the freezer for 30 minutes to completely chill it. Drink it ice cold.

47% (94 proof) Serve in: Shot Glass
Lemon Shooters recipe
1 shot vodka
1 slice lemon
Cover lemon slice with sugar. Shoot vodka, then suck lemon.
Lemon Shot recipe
1/2 oz Galliano® herbal liqueur
1/2 oz Absolut® Citron vodka
lemon wedge
sugar
Bacardi® 151 rum
Mix galliano and absolut citron in a shot glass, lay lemon wedge sprinkled with sugar over glass and pour rum over the wedge and glass. Ignite rum and allow to burn for a moment. Extinguish, shoot quickly, and suck on the lemon. 

If it is done correctly, this will taste like a shot of sweet lemonade.

Sexy Lemon Slam recipe
3/4 oz vodka
1/4 oz triple sec
1/4 oz lemon juice
1/4 tsp sugar
Place a small sugar coated lemon wheel (approx.1/4 in.thick) into the bottom of an old-fashioned glass. Pour above listed ingredients into a stainless steel shaker with ice, shake until completely cold, and pour into the prepared old-fashioned glass. 
Sip or slam.

29% (58 proof) Serve in: Old-Fashioned Glass

Read more: Lemon Drop shot drink recipes http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/447/#ixzz1i1MpgQyv

BusyBri
on 12/29/11 9:00 pm - Reynoldsburg, OH
Every time I try something like diet soda after most of the carbonation is gone (i have had 4 since surgery) i get different results.  After 2 successful times I now cannot drink it without immediate pain and gas.  Same goes for foods too.  I have no idea why something works one day and the next it does not.  I can't help with why it caused pain but your not alone with wondering why....

rayjack12
on 12/29/11 10:03 pm
My first thought was that if it was a shot, you may have had an air bubble go down with it.  Since you rulled that out...I would say it was the sugar.  I've had a tiny bit of sugar cause me to dump and other times had a heap of sugar not cause me to dump.  It really just depends on the day, what I've had to eat, if I've had my protein shakes, etc, etc, etc.  I am really inconsistant with how things affect me.