And the hair loss begins....

littlewitch1973
on 1/2/12 6:49 am - NY
Well, I know I was warned!! I had my first few handfuls of hair come out while washing last night. 

I have increased my Biotin to twice a day now, and I guess I will be buying some Follicure shampoo....

I am  14 weeks out now, and this is the first I am seeing this...  

poet_kelly
on 1/2/12 7:13 am - OH
That's about when it starts.  Just make sure you're taking all your vitamins and getting enough protein.  Hair loss usually lasts two or three months, then it starts growing back.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

littlewitch1973
on 1/2/12 8:06 am - NY
 I just had my labs done last week - I am expecting a call from my doctor this week, as I am sure my protein levels are low (I rarely get in my 60-90 oz's). 

I am hoping it will pass quickly, but am prepared for the worst!

pattymac65
on 1/2/12 7:18 am
 I'm almost 12 weeks... now I'm scared!  :-(  
Suite1
on 1/2/12 7:18 am - Dayton, OH
I agree with Kelly...the vitamins & protein are more important and it does grow back.  
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

nkara
on 1/2/12 7:39 am
 will it grow back curly and blonde?  

I'll be 1 week out tomorrow and I've been mentioning that to my mother.  I'm obsessed with my hair and don't want to loose too much of it if I can help it.  

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

littlewitch1973
on 1/2/12 8:14 am - NY
 Lol... mine is already curly... and sometimes blond - depending on the color of the season! 

Right now, its curly and brown... blond will be coming again this spring, lol... 

I do know that the hair will grow back, but I am hoping I dont lose too much!! 

ChaosInFL
on 1/2/12 8:02 am - Orlando, FL
LittleWitch,

I'm 6 1/2 months post op and have been able to keep the hair loss to a minimum.  I have not experienced  the loss of large clumps at once, just a little bit more than usual.  (I use wire traps in my shower drain to monitor the hair loss.)  Some may say these products don't work but this is what is helping me.

Biotin - I started taking pre-op but stopped since it encouraged my facial hair growth to increase.
Nioxin. - I use the serum and shampoo daily.  I started using it approx. 5 weeks post op.
Sugar Free Cold-eze - This contains Zinc. I take two tablets a week and will continue until the  hair loss stops.  Then I will go down to 1 per week.
Protein - 80 to 120 grams a day.  Anyway I can....powder, meat, eggs, Quest bars.

Overall my hair loss has been at a minimum, primarily in the front.  I cut my hair really short to help hide the hair loss.  My hairdresser says I have new growth so I am hoping the worse has passed.

Good luck.

littlewitch1973
on 1/2/12 8:13 am - NY
 That sounds like a great combination! 

I have been taking the Cold-eze lately just to prevent getting sick. It seems there is a lot of things going around the office lately, so I thought it would help. 

Thanks for the ideas! I know I need to increase my protein levels, since I am not even getting in 50 oz a day at this point. (I had major stricture problems early out, and everything has made me sick lately). I have found that I love hot protein drinks, so I have been doing those at night. Hopefully that helps!! 

Maurilia1
on 1/2/12 10:22 am - CA
Yes your hair will grow bakc, but remember this is the smallest of our issues, i told myself this would happen to my gorgeous hair and i answered, what the heck there is weaves, and i am going got them in my hair while i grow my new hair! there it is a solution to EVERYTHING!
Life is not a Rehearsal, we don't get to rehearse our future

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views