Do they call you with approval? Aetna

dianne220
on 1/3/12 7:49 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12
I have been denied a couple times and they sent off a totally new case on 12-23.  They don't see anything going wrong this time.  I usually get letters about the denial but will they call if they approve?  I have Aetna and did my 4 month nutrition diet from february to May of this year.  Do you think they'll make me do another nutrition cycle?  For those of you who had Aetna, how long did it take for approval? It's been a year since I started this process and I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. Thanks for your help!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/3/12 7:51 am - OH
 Aetna will contact the surgeon's office with the approval long before they send you the approval letter.  The only people who will call you will probably be your surgeon's office.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LawyerMom3
on 1/3/12 8:43 am - Huntley, IL
 We sent to Aetna for approval after 90 day nutritiion program on December 6....I called on December 16 and was told by case management that it was approved...I knew 3 days before doctors office...they have health advocate team that you talk to.  I was persistent and called on December 14, 15 and 16... Good luck I am 6 days post op and feel pretty good
kkharriss
on 1/3/12 8:49 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12
Aetna approved me within 48 hours of getting my paperwork.  I called them (ask for claims) and they told me it was approved.  Easy enough to get the info. 
My surgery is scheduled for Jan 11th.  I am so excited and nervous.

I hope this time you get your approval.
Kelley
bowknot
on 1/3/12 11:34 am
I didn't get an approval call, only a letter.  I got the letter before my surgeon's office got approval.

Kay
dasie
on 1/3/12 8:36 pm
I have Aetna, and they did not call.  My surgeon's office called to tell me I was approved.  I still called Aetna and asked for a letter showing I was approved.  I wanted it in writing.

NANCY C.
on 1/3/12 8:45 pm - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
I have Aetna.  I called after a week and found I was approved.  The doctor got the approval letter and called me to schedule before I got the letter from Aetna.

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 314 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views