Been so long since clothes were my friend!

Nessy2976
on 1/4/12 11:06 am - MD
When I go into my favorite store (Ross) I walk past the "Womens shirts" Sizes 1x and up( I was a 2X) and I just kinda stand there and talk to myself. i am now in a large shirt, Large, ME. I stand there and smile.....people must think I am crazy...lol. I am here to tell you if you are thinking of having RNY...DO IT...DO NOT WAIT!!!  I so wish I would have done this years AGO!!!  The other cool thing is that I now have NO CLOTHES that were in my closet from the fat days!!!  They are all gone and it is now filled with Large shirts and size 10 jeans, can you see me smiling  cause this is so amazing to me and i am only 4 months out!!!!!!!!!  I work out at the gym 2 hours a day now almost everyday and I love it!!!  The energy is amazinng and this is the first New Year I didn't  have to decide what to make my resolution.  I am so HAPPY and content.  Happy New Year Everyone!!!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/12 11:10 am
 I so understand what you are saying. I am just down one size so far and am so excited. 
Lisa R.
on 1/4/12 12:07 pm - CA
 I was at Ross today too!  My fav store too, since it is so cheap and pretty decent stuff.  Today my big decision was "do I need junior size 9 or junior size11"  Well I tried it on and it was the 9!  And a medium shirt, in juniors.  I find now that Junior sized fit better then misses.

But the funnies thing is when I went to put on my size 8 pants and found them to be too big!  WTH!  A year ago I would have died to be an 8 and now I'm still not an 8!!  LOL on the other end though.

But congrats, Just wanted to let you know I share the feeling and i hope it doesn't turn into an addiction buying new cloths.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/12 2:04 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
One of my favorite days was when I went shopping and walked past Lane Bryant because their clothes were all too big for me!

Hurray for you!!
dasie
on 1/4/12 6:12 pm
Congratulations on your amazing progress.  Size 10 in 4 months...WOW.  I love Ross too; I just wish they carried more for people my height.  Now I seem to have better luck at TJ Maxx - although I have learned not all Ross stores are created equal.  It definitely depends upon what part of town they are located.  Since having surgery for the first time in my adult life I sincerely do not hate/dread buying clothes.  I do not work, so I don't buy many, but when I do shop, at least it is not so stressful.

Donna D.
on 1/5/12 3:44 am - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats Nessy2976 I am 1 week post op but it is coming and I can't wait!! We definitely have one of the best surgeons there is that man is awesome!!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Most Active
Recent Topics