First Dump

dkasten
on 1/5/12 3:45 am - SD
I am 3 1/2 weeks out and today's lunch caused my very first dumping episode. That was very scary! I didn't get hot and sweaty but cold as heck and shaky and my back hurt awful with a major heartburn/felt like something was stuck sensation.  All from canned chicken breast in the can with a little cheddar cheese melted on top. Also had applesauce , which I have every meal almost. I will wait a long time before I try that again! NOT FUN!

azreggie
on 1/5/12 3:51 am - Tucson, AZ
I don't think what you experienced was dumping, sounds more like a "Stuck" episode to me.  Eat slooowly.  I hate getting stuck.

Reggie

dkasten
on 1/5/12 3:58 am - SD
wow, whatever it was , it was scary for me and I'm not a wimp. But yeah, it did feel more like something was majorly "stuck".   I always was a fast eater and that's my big deal now , to eat slowly and chew, chew, chew.  I will endeavor to chew even more and very slowly. Thanks for your response! apreciate it~

azreggie
on 1/5/12 4:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Also, very important, measure everything.  I have more measuring cups and spoons I think than dishes.  I think I was at 1/4 cup per meal at your stage.  Good luck to you.

Reggie

dkasten
on 1/5/12 4:27 am - SD
I need to get back to measuring everything again. I measured everything at first and now I use the same little saucers and cups and "eyeball" it and that's not always good enough. Today though, I barely ate 1/2 of what I had in my dish when it got stuck. yuk! that was awful. Live and Learn.. I will be measuring supper , that is the one thing I know for sure today! My measuring cups stay out on the counter , so I better be using them more!! Thanks again for your advice!

lastchanceslim46
on 1/6/12 12:58 am
Yes, sounds like it got stuck, MEAT is the worst to get down, I hate it, it hurts so bad when it gets stuck.  Sometimes I still use small jars of baby food, turkey with gravy, lol.  I just ad salt to it.
dkasten
on 1/6/12 1:06 am - SD
I just don't know if I could do the baby food meat.. I gagged on it when my kids were babies and that was a LONG time ago. I did well last night. I fixed meat loaf and it was moist and I measured my portion. I still can't get over that the chicken in the can, with all the liquid it is packed in got stuck. I was wiped out the rest of the afternoon after that episode! I will be more careful in the future! Thanks for responding.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 359 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views