2 week pre and post op liquid diet

rbucklin
on 1/9/12 1:37 am - Unity, ME

I am trying to find a list of what is good for this 4 week period.  I had a pamphlet from my dietician that told me what i could "eat" during this time and I have since misplaced it.  Any help would be appreciated. 

poet_kelly
on 1/9/12 1:45 am - OH
All surgeons and dieticians seem to recommend different things, so you would do best to call your dietician and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 1/9/12 2:38 am
Go back to your doc or nut and get another list. We're all different in what our surgeons want us to do pre and post op. I wasn't on the pre op diet, but was on liquids after for 3 weeks. I wasn't allowed "food" until week 4. Your doc has his/her own diet for you to follow. So you don't have any problems meeting requirements for surgery or post op care - get a copy of the original from your dietician.
Jen 10 yrs post op
Keeves
on 1/9/12 4:53 am - Elizabeth, NJ
If the pamphlet was something he printed up himself, he can probably send you another copy by email. If it was something fancy that he got from elsewhere, your only options might be traveling to get another, or asking them to fax it.

In any case, the different surgeons have wildly different opinions about this. Mine was "protein shakes and clear liquids, nothing else." But others specifically AVOID the protein shakes. So you should at the very least phone and ask. Don't let another day go by!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 218 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics